Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a coolant leak coming from a plastic fitting on the passengers side engine compartment firewall just above the exhaust. Attached is a random pic found online to show you where. See the double-lined red circle.

Can anyone tell me what this is, and how difficult this might be to fix? There's barely any room to reach it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
That top is for the heater core. The bottom is the cabin a/c drain. If there is coolant comming from the bottom one you either have a have hole in the heater core or a leak in the line dripping into the a/c drain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool....thanks. Appreciate it.

After reading up on the procedure, I'm definitely not too happy with Ford right now. Remove the entire dash? My goodness...when are they going to start thinking ahead with this stuff...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Cool....thanks. Appreciate it.

After reading up on the procedure, I'm definitely not too happy with Ford right now. Remove the entire dash? My goodness...when are they going to start thinking ahead with this stuff...
The majority of vehicles on the market require removal of the dash for heater core service. Just be happy its not a Hyundai. Dont be mad at ford!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts