Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I replaced the drivers side window motor and regulator in my 2001 mustang GT and it had me wondering about this. The regulator I used was a brand new Ford Motorcraft part and I greased up all the sliders very well, the motor was a remanufactured OEM unit. So here is my question: With only the motor removed I can slide the window up and down by hand and it's pretty smooth but he window will actually stay up on it's own. I'm wondering though, with the motor removed and the new regulator assembly all greased up, should the window just fall down due to gravity? In other words, I'm wondering if my regulator/slider track has too much resistance and the motor will fail. In short, should the window be able to stay up on its own when the motor is removed?

The regulator assembly has the wound spring built in to help carry the weight of the glass. Maybe that spring is what won't allow the window to just slam down under it's own weight?

I know this forum doesn't get much traffic these days, but if anyone has first hand experience with this please share. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,660 Posts
The circuit breaker will be tripped before the motor burns out. I wouldn’t worry about it. And yes there is some tension holding the window up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts