Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i passed on that one with 72k miles on it.....but check this one out, i just put the deposit down on it and im pickin it up on saturday. You guys better get used to me being on this forum cuz im gonna need tons of input haha

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 130201182675 end time Feb-25-08 11:55:25 PST)

Ok so hes emailing me the dyno sheets but he says its around 376rwhp with a 11lbs of boost. Im having a hard time believing if he's got it tuned to 11psi that its only puttin down that much. There is no intercooler so that will be my first purchase along with some exhaust. He wanted 13.5k and i offered him 12 and he lowered the buy it now price. With 29,000 pampered original miles on it, i think i did pretty good but let me know what you think!

Should i be afraid of pushing that much boost on a stock motor? And if indeed it is pushin 11psi, shouldnt it have a lot more rwhp?

·
Registered
927 Posts
that was my friends car the sc keept taking a dump thats why he sold it !

J/k grats.

·
Registered
400 Posts
thats a good buy as long as it doesnt crap out on you. low miles and expensive mods. buy it

·
Registered
400 Posts
it should have a lot more hp with exhaust and an intercooler. the 11 psi will be like 9 psi after an intercooler

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THats exactly what I plan on doing is getting exhaust, intercooler, a/f gauge and possibly some new rims. Man i didnt realize how expensive intercoolers are, can someone help me find one for a reasonable price. I looked in the classifieds on here and on ebay and craigslist. Does it have to be a vortech power cooler if its a vortech s/c or are most of them universal? Vortech claims that on some applications you can gain another 100 hp with the power cooler....any truth to that?

·
Registered
575 Posts
THats exactly what I plan on doing is getting exhaust, intercooler, a/f gauge and possibly some new rims. Man i didnt realize how expensive intercoolers are, can someone help me find one for a reasonable price. I looked in the classifieds on here and on ebay and craigslist. Does it have to be a vortech power cooler if its a vortech s/c or are most of them universal? Vortech claims that on some applications you can gain another 100 hp with the power cooler....any truth to that?

I dont think the aftercooler is all its cracked up to be. I have one on my car right now and like it very much but did not get the gains vortech talks about.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ok so i passed on that one with 72k miles on it.....but check this one out, i just put the deposit down on it and im pickin it up on saturday. You guys better get used to me being on this forum cuz im gonna need tons of input haha

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 130201182675 end time Feb-25-08 11:55:25 PST)

Ok so hes emailing me the dyno sheets but he says its around 376rwhp with a 11lbs of boost. Im having a hard time believing if he's got it tuned to 11psi that its only puttin down that much. There is no intercooler so that will be my first purchase along with some exhaust. He wanted 13.5k and i offered him 12 and he lowered the buy it now price. With 29,000 pampered original miles on it, i think i did pretty good but let me know what you think!

Should i be afraid of pushing that much boost on a stock motor? And if indeed it is pushin 11psi, shouldnt it have a lot more rwhp?
just because he pushing 11lbs of boost does not mean it will make over 400 hp. the number on the dyno sheet you posted is a pretty realistic number. and let me tell you thats plenty of rwhp.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
you dont have to use vortec intercooler. check out treadstone intercoolers. seem to be rpetty nice and i have a buddy who is running one on his vortec blown car and he picked up quite a bit from putting it on. i say put the intercooler and get headers back for the exhaust. should make it sound meaner and get all that burned up air and fuel out quicker and easier. and s for the power. i would expect a little mor ebut its no far off.

and people who think a stang that makes 375 rwhp is slow hasnt ridden in one becasue they can def haul ass. thats neouhg power to go 11s

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good deal. Thanks for all the input. So now im in the market for lookin for a intercooler/aftercooler. What would you guys recommend as far as going water cooled, air cooled etc. If you happen to know an exact model you recommend, please post the kit/model #. Any used ones out there!??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts