1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

need some help please

i have an 01 v6 with 72,000 miles - no mods

car is not run too much but she always started up until last week.

it would just turn over but not fire - added some ether and she fired and ran fine. also tried all keys so i don't think it's the anti theft system

next morning same thing turned over wouldnt fire - quick start ran fine

i was thinking fuel pump and i drop it off at my local guy - he says it could be fuel filter - maybe but i changed that in the spring

he says he checked the presure and it was fine all times except once and tells me he changed the relay.. everything i read said our cars don't have a relay

he asked me to leave it so he can mess with it some more to make sure it starts - and it should be fine all day

any ideas

Thanks very much

steve

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
Check your battery, and alternator. Check your grounds as well. Fuel filter imo is bullshit. Fuel pump yes. You grab a haynes manual and look at it yourself. Because your going to get rape by cost.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Check alternator, battery terminals, unplug and plug the switch behind the driver side taillight, than listen if fuel pump primes, than check spark plugs and spark plug wires, than check coil, check fuel filter is not leaking
If all that checks out could be your fuel injectors clogged up, or could be your starter is not making enough voltage

03cristian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the tips - really have no idea what he did - said it was a relay and i stopped the shop this morning and she fired right up

i am still thinking it is / was the fuel pump going out

he only charged $35.00 so who knows

i'll report back if and when i find out the cause

1 - 4 of 4 Posts