Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some advice on what you think i will need to swap the passenger side head. it has a crack above one of the cylinders and i can see spark when it is running... no coolant since it is above the cylinder, but i have a friend who is a good mechanic and he is going to help me fix it, can anyone name a few things i would need, Passenger side head and gasket.. where should i buy those? cant seem to find the right ones anywhere! thanks for your help!

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I would call your local dealership and get correct part numbers. Also, poke around on a forum for those pickups.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I will use a manual and will also get all correct parts..

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Is the head acessible where it can be welded?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not quite sure, i work the next few days, but after looking at it it might be the intake is cracked.. that would save me a **** ton of money, so once i tear it down i will know for sure.. thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well lucked out and the spark plug somehow worked its way loose and the pressure pushed it into the COP and blew it out to wreck the seal, good thing the fuel rail was there to catch it.. 70 dollar fix!!

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
So im assuming it did not strip the threads in the Sparkplug hole. Glad to hear she is running.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no stripping, it went right in there and got it hand tightened and then about a 1/4 turn, she runs real good now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts