Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I am hearing this clicking noise. Not very loud. I was told it may be a "lifter or piston". Car drives fine.. I also think I may hear an exhaust leak. This is where I am at. Ride it as is till engine goes then drop another engine in it any suggestions? cobra? 5.4? or trade it in for 4k or sell on cl for 5500 then buy myself and 08 IS250 with 40k miles.

not sure what to do guys. my stang only has 119k miles.

any suggestions.. rebuild the engine maybe?

·
Registered
655 Posts
The options you've listed seem a little extreme for your situation. Like you said, you think you have an exhaust leak. An exhaust leak could very well cause a ticking sound. Try to fix that first.

These engines tend to make ticking sounds. It's not the end of the world. If it is running strong just keep an eye on it. No need to sell the car over a small noise. Worse case scenario you have to change a lifter...no big deal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is running really strong.. the car runs and sounds so good. I would hate to part ways with it.. That IS250 is really nice. I am happy I didnt pull the plug on the stang.. after I drive it for a like 30 to 40 mins I do kind of smell like a burning smell oil? I am due for an oil change

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys it was fun... the knocking got really bad.. After 119k and all the squeaks from just being old and parted ways with my GT. Thanks for all the input over the years. I went with the IS 250 man that car is soooo damm smooth.. very nice.... the paddle shifters are pretty cool. I am really into this car.

·
Commoner
352 Posts
Im so confused... ^

·
Commoner
352 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
That was quick. Is this real life? lol

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Nothing worse than people that come on MM because they have a mustang, and then dump it the minute it starts having problems.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I always found that when you have a problem w/ your Stang.....THE BEST PART is when you can come onto this site, and see all of the solutions....Sounds to like he wanted to find a reason to get a IS250...Some folks cannot be helped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts