Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I know this sounds crazy but I do not like manual transmission and I don't want to learn how to drive one but I found my dream car..only problem, its a manual. So, how much would it cost to change the entire transmission to automatic,and would it be bad for the car? Thanks

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
it would cost alot.

look at about 2-4 thousand dollars.

and if done correctly no it will not hard the car.. it would just make it a bit slower.

·
Registered
468 Posts
it would be cheaper to buy a factory auto car

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I say grow some balls. It will save you $2-4k.
+1 Dont be scared to learn. I promise you, you will love the manual once you get it down.

·
Registered
927 Posts
get the 5speed its easy to learn to drive one ..i learned in 5 mins when i was 16 years old .....got to love my DAD :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
first manual car i have owned...will never buy an automatic again, unless its like an suv or something like that

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i say if it is your dream car than do whatever you want to because your the one thats going to be driving it and not all these other people.. so if you want to spend $2k on it than do it

·
Registered
691 Posts
im a girl so i dont want balls.
:eek:wned

honestly you really just be patient and look for a car like this one that's factory auto, the swap just doesn't seem practical...

anyway welcome to the forums

·
Registered
609 Posts
i cant believe im actually reading this..lol! i thought everyone was in my boat at one point in there life..i got a automatic 01 gt and always wish it was manual...learn how to drive manual..trust me you dont want an automatic .....edit..i just read your a girl..lol! well nothing's hotter than a girl that drive's stick so just be patient and learn how to drive

·
Registered
691 Posts
i cant believe im actually reading this..lol! i thought everyone was in my boat at one point in there life..i got a automatic 01 gt and always wish it was manual...learn how to drive manual..trust me you dont want an automatic .....edit..i just read your a girl..lol! well nothing's hotter than a girl that drive's stick so just be patient and learn how to drive
true dat!!! lol

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Too much to swap transmissions imo. Also, a lot of guys dig chicks that can drive a stick. And, everyone is very sincere, including me, in saying that once you have a stick, you don't ever want an auto. Just give it some time and have someone show you. You'll get the hang of it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
im a girl so i dont want balls..

and i wasnt asking if i should get a manual or not, i was asking advice on how much it would cost to change it over.
Balls are fun.

It wouldn't be worth it. Just buy an Auto.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
im a girl so i dont want balls..

and i wasnt asking if i should get a manual or not, i was asking advice on how much it would cost to change it over.

Im a girl, and my mustang is my first ever 5 speed ( Ive been driving Only automatics for 10 years) ,and ive only had it for 3 weeks!! and i was TERRIFIED of it. I cried and had panic attacks the first week of driving it, and I told my boyfriend how much i HATED it and wished and wished I had bought an automatic instead...but now am in LOVE with it. Its soooo easy when you get the hang of it. now I drive it everywhere.

If you really dont want to buy a 5 speed. Buy an automatic, the cost will come out to the same after all is said and done its gonna cost over 3k to have it switched and auto trannys are NOT cheap by any means. and labor for that type of job is gonna cost over 70 bucks an hour. check out craigslist there are tons of autos on there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts