Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 v6 and i was wondering what would the best use of $500 or less be to make it faster?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
1 gears/tLok. 350 New
2 handheld programmer. 380 new
3 windstar. 400 new
4 exhaust. 400
5 longtube headers. 200 new
6 cam/gaskets/spings. 550
7 nitrous wet kit. 450 new

Edit:
Not in any particular order

That is what I have bought and the prices for them each brand new.. Which I did not pay the full price for most of them.. I say look around for used parts in great condition before anything. My first mod was the handheld programmer and I found one an hour away for 200 bucks. If you can do the work yourself I would say cam and valve springs. If not then do exhaust, gears or windstar

·
Registered
396 Posts
1 gears/tlok. 350 new
3 windstar. 400 new
4 exhaust. 400

that is what i have bought and the prices for them each brand new.. Which i did not pay the full price for most of them.. I say look around for used parts in great condition before anything. My first mod was the handheld programmer and i found one an hour away for 200 bucks. If you can do the work yourself i would say cam and valve springs. If not then do exhaust, gears or windstar
++++11111111 ^^^^ 1111!

He wins! :d

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,086 Posts
just note that all those prices above exclude labor cost for things like exhaust or cam.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i have an 02 v6 and i was wondering what would the best use of $500 or less be to make it faster?
gears and posi are always going to be the best bang for your buck for a starting mod.

Get a Ford Racing 7.5" posi diff
and for gears:
If your.. manual: 3.73
Auto:4.10

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
1 gears/tLok. 350 New
3 windstar. 400 new
4 exhaust. 400
This is a good list. Keep in mind you'll pay more if you have to pay to have the items installed. Just 2 examples:

-Gears and tlok will run around $800 for parts and install
-Cam will run around $1100 for parts and install

If you decide to go with exhaust first (like most people do) then have you midpipe custom fabbed at an exhaust shop and don't pay more than $400 for parts and labor. Also, do dual exhaust (h-pipe or divorced duals, no x-pipe) and chambered mufflers if you want your car to sound good.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
This is a good list. Keep in mind you'll pay more if you have to pay to have the items installed. Just 2 examples:

-Gears and tlok will run around $800 for parts and install
-Cam will run around $1100 for parts and install

If you decide to go with exhaust first (like most people do) then have you midpipe custom fabbed at an exhaust shop and don't pay more than $400 for parts and labor. Also, do dual exhaust (h-pipe or divorced duals, no x-pipe) and chambered mufflers if you want your car to sound good.
To add to this thrush mufflers are honestly a good bang for the buck.. 35 a piece.. I thought the guy who did my exhaust did flow 40s like I requested... Nope some knockofffs:mad: still sounded alright though.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Then buy a v8 and realize you aren't as cool so you get another sixxer to be cool agian:D
not really...i loved having all that instant power on tap compared to our v6's. however for this point in my life a v6 makes more sense...a slow, reliable, low maintanence car ;)

besides i wanted a car the fiance could drive, and she can't drive a 5speed due to a weak ankle

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Makes sense. I personally think our sixxer is more fun than the GT... The GT will soon be dropped and exhaust so my mind may change

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i already have a single exhaust with a cherry bomb glasspack and i plan on going to true dual with the glasspacks and i just ordered a cold air intake so i do have a start :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts