Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mustang is almost all stock and i just wanted your guys opinions on what mods i should add to the car? I also want your opinions on a cool air intake because my dad says the car comes with a stock one and we dont need it

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Welcome to MM timbo
Check the usefull V6 links thread at the top. From there you'll see a Look here before asking about mods thread. That is where you need to start.

TONS of threads about begining mods are out there. The search function will help you there. Advanced search allows you to chose the V6 section only.

Please use both of these in depth before asking. 99% your questions have already been asked.

Also, a hint. If you plan on modding your car, start buy saving money. Develope a plan/goal as to the power and use of your car. Buy parts according to that plan.
Easy to end up wasting money on **** you wont keep a few months later ...

So, figure out how much money you have to spend, what your plan is, what kind of mechincal work you can do yourself. Go from there.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Alright we can help alittle more if you give us your mileage, color, trans., a picture or two, etc. And what is "almost stock"? Are you going for looks or performance? We can help if we get some more info. As for a CAI go with a windstar kit IMO, its more expensive but has better gains then a regular CAI. Welcome to MM btw

And under your sig i see "Just waiting until im 16 to find out how fast she goes" dont be that teenager thats killed from seeing how fast he can get his mustang up to, its unsafe, hazzardous, and just plain stupid, please man dont hurt yourslef doing something dumb.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
BTW your mustang will go 120. And thats about it stock. Or so mine did. Very boring, dont waste your time topping out. Plus all that matters is the time it takes from green light to the end of a 1/4 strip.

Do what I said, look through that sticky thread. Read it. Search out anything you want to know. If you still cant find it after trying hard to search it, then ask.

Thanks

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
And just an FYI

My dad has a SVT Focus. I got it to 130. Someone pulled out in front of me about that time. I had to swerve around them. Went through a ditch sideways. Hit some signs. Lived. Got home in it. Bought a new tire. Took it to a body shop. 2000$ repairs. 60$ alignment. 2k miles later and 1.5 months. (as of saturday) I look under the car. The 2 front tires are worn to metal on the inside edge. Took it to Ford to double check the alignment. Possibly bent struts. 1800$ to fix. Pending information on this.

FYI, I started w/ 10,000$ savings in 2011. Spent 700 to do a cam swap. Bearings failed, bent PR. Needs new bearings, gotta pull engine. So I decided to go "all out" w/ a HCI P&P 4.2 swap and exhuast. I still have not finished the engine swap so my dd is down. The truck im having to drive is on its last leg and could go out any second. The brakes are shot in it to. If I need an emergency stop, it aint happening. I could be driving a good gas, decent looking car. But No, I was acting stuppid, seeing how fast it could go. My savings is now down to about 2,500$ Im in school full time, make 100-200 a week. Car payment. Insurance. Ect Ect. (thank God I live at home still).
that 2,500 may turn to 700$ soon now, because I was being ****ing stupid in a fast car w/o being in a controlled enviroment.

Take a lesson from this. Please.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts