·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 BMW M3 SMG
91,500 miles
VIN: WBSBL93443JR23642

$15k obo

Framed original paper tag will go with the car unless I trade it in :) Here's all the options on her, 03 was also the first year of the LED taillights and after the engine problems of the original E46's.

After market parts

The new LED Halo's

Staggered 19" Hamann Wheels

Front grills with paint matched edges and blacked grills; black side grills. Original chrome grills will go with the car too

Other than that it's bone stock down to the paper filter and was my wifes daily driver.

Only issue has been the transmission light turns on if it's over 110 outside, I guess the Germans aren't used to anything over 80 degree summers :D It's been doing this since I've had it and no issues were found from the BMW tech, from searches on BMW forums I've found that it's just the hydraulic fluid getting hot; if you don't live in an area that gets above 110 it will be a non issue. Car has been very reliable and meticulously maintained by Jackie Cooper BMW, Inspection II was performed at 60K, I have very detailed records. Paint is in great shape (my hobby is detailing) other than a few wonderful Oklahoma door dings (which I could negotiate getting taken out if you prefer)

Interior looks like a ten year old car that's been very well maintained :)

Drivers seat, last leather treatment I did was in June. Still looks better than 100% of the E46's I've seen. Why people can't just be careful when getting in and out of a car so that they don't rash the seat is beyond me

If you didn't notice the seat belt has polished the center console to a glossier black :) this is the only major defect on the interior. Easily purchased on ECS tuning if you want

Passenger seat

NADA is as follows

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And since it isn't blue it's also reliable huh Craig ;)

Got a request for under hood pics which is a great idea, walked out and snapped these this morning

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to give an update I had a friend ask me about the next major service today so I called Jackie Cooper and they confirmed that it would be on it's next visit which the car says is 8,000 miles. I'd feel awful if someone bought my car and got a surprise bill the first time they took it in. It's going to call for an Inspection 1 as well as a coolant flush. The inspection 1 is $485 from Jackie Cooper and the Coolant is $120 so I'm giving potential buyers a couple of options. I'd be happy to take care of both of those services and keep the original $15k price or if the individual wants to take care of it I will reduce the price to $14,400. If you're local you might check with one percent motors as they are a BMW service center (I know the owner and the people who work there so I can easily vouch for them) and likely cheaper but I'll keep my end of the deal in case you want to take it to the dealer.

Best of luck and big thanks to ocbaud for bringing this to my attention. I want this experience to be a positive one for the buyer.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I've never heard of preventative maintenance being a part of a vehicles value, but I can appreciate when a seller is 110% honest about things. Rare these days.

Nice car though. Good luck with sale. Wish I could have her, but I just got rid of an E46 :(

·
Registered
649 Posts
aww man too bad i cant sell my cobra for this. No one around here has any money for a turbo cobra. BUMP for a clean car

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dumb question, but what exactly is the SMG tranny like? From what I gather it's an auto that you can shift like a clutch-less manual?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dumb question, but what exactly is the SMG tranny like? From what I gather it's an auto that you can shift like a clutch-less manual?
It's the same 6 speed manual as in the 3 series, just with a hydraulic controlled clutch. I actually really liked it but the first person who came and looked at the car gave me my asking price and took her home :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts