Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 GT that has stock headers, stock H-pipe and bolt on 40 series flowmasters. I'm going to stay with the flowmasters, even thought I'm disappointed with the rust on them. I would like to purchase a high flow catted X or H pipe, not sure of Michigan emissions rule so better safe then sorry, also new headers. My problem(s) are I don't know whether to purchase the X or H pipe with the flowmaster and whether to get short or long tube headers. I want to maximize my horsepower and at the same time get a great sound. I have been listening to clips on you tube and read forum posts, frankly my head is spinning. Any help would be appreciated.
Also are the MAC Prochambers catted? Anyone running Pypes "The Beast" system?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like Bassani Mid-length headers and X-pipe then whatever C/B that you want to get. I have borla on mine. If you want good torque goes with LT headers. Do not and do not waste your money on the Shorty headers. I have FRPP shorty headers on my other cars and it's not worth the effort to install it (only 3-5 HP gain).

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I just purchased a 2003 GT that has stock headers, stock H-pipe and bolt on 40 series flowmasters. I'm going to stay with the flowmasters, even thought I'm disappointed with the rust on them. I would like to purchase a high flow catted X or H pipe, not sure of Michigan emissions rule so better safe then sorry, also new headers. My problem(s) are I don't know whether to purchase the X or H pipe with the flowmaster and whether to get short or long tube headers. I want to maximize my horsepower and at the same time get a great sound. I have been listening to clips on you tube and read forum posts, frankly my head is spinning. Any help would be appreciated.
Also are the MAC Prochambers catted? Anyone running Pypes "The Beast" system?
Thanks again.
Look on youtube for catted x pipes and catted h pipes. see which sound you like better. Catted midpipes will give you a deeper tone. here are some videos of the differences. and Always go with LT headers. You will see the biggest gains.

Flowmaster with Catted X pipe

Flowmasters with Catted h pipe

Just go on youtube.com and search for the sound you like best and replicate it on yours. You really cant go wrong with either one you choose. Anything sounds better then stock. Remember with a Catted midpipe your definitly going to pay for it. Catted is not cheap while O/R midpipes are 200 dollars roughly after you buy your Mill eliminators

·
Registered
576 Posts
LT headers and a catted H pipe would sound very nice. An x pipe will give you slightly better powergains, where as an H will give you a deeper tone with slightly less powergains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts