Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About half a year ago i was driving and my car started choking and it stopped on me, I had to call a tow and had it tow home. A few days later i tried to turn it on again and it started.

I then replaced the fuel filter and used seafoam to help clean up injectors, fuel lines etc.

Yesterday about half a mile from home, my car does the same behavior again, started choking and shut off on me.

I was suspecting it might be the fuel pump so i checked the fuel pressure with the Torque app and i have fuel pressure so that makes me think its not the fuel pump. If it was the pump, i would think it would have no pressure.

Any ideas what might be the culprit of this behavior?

thanks in advance

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Test your FPDM

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Also check the crank position sensor wiring for breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
this sounds like the same symptoms I had when my fuel pump went out so I’m surprised you are registering fuel pressure. Do you hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key to the first position?

·
Registered
11 Posts
fuel pressure when priming/idling is far different that driving fuel pressure due to duty cycle. I'm pretty sure to start or just idle it requires a minimum of 15% duty cycle to do those but while driving. depending on the throttle position, it can be up to 80% duty cycle under full throttle and maybe your pump can"t handle that much stress anymore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts