Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I believe 6000 or 6200. I might be wrong.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
yeah bounced off of it.

its almost a scary sound man... it freaked the hell out of me and made me worry that i may have thrown a rod or some ****... never again...

I make sure i get that bitch in gear now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah that happend to me i uselly shift at around 5,500 rpm what gears would you guys recommend for good street use but not horrible gas milage

·
Registered
761 Posts
3.90's, in between what people will argue about... some say 3.73, some say 4.10... I say go in between them, have some top end, and bottom... Three. Ninetys!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so exactly what while changing gear ratios do to my car what advantage will it give me and if i change to 3.73's or 3.90's how much will it effect my gas milage

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you dont feel like reading the gear ratio sticky.. You might get like, .5 less mpg, and higher gear ratios help make more rpms, therefore giving you better acceleration. Your rpms will go up about 200-400 depending on how high of a gear ratio you get.. but you WILL FEEL MUCH MORE POWER OUT OF YOUR CAR! Gear install can be from 100-300$. The actual ring and pinion (rear end gears) cost around like, 150-200. Kits are more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts