Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the police interceptor crown vic's engine is different than a normal 2v 4.6? There is an 03 for sale at a wholesale lot close by I was thinkin bout buyin cuz my 2 old trucks suck and the stang is still in a million pieces. They are askin 4500 and it has 117k on it

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
it may or may not be PI, i know the crown vics went over a few years after the mustang.

maybe someone else can chime in who knows for sure.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i don't proofread, lol it does sound like that. The car has a perfect white body, still has the black pushbar on the front, tinted windows and a sweet chrome spotlight. Plus fools round here would be gettin outta my way for sure thinkin I'm somebody

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
there was a 03 Vic that was being sold here a few weeks back. Still had the sheriff logo and badging, push bar, spot light, light bar and siren, everything. 89K miles. going for 7800.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I believe the engine is the same except for the dual exhaust, the difference is in the tuning and the shift points, along with the heavier duty cooling system and the bigger charging system.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the engine is the same except for the dual exhaust, the difference is in the tuning and the shift points, along with the heavier duty cooling system and the bigger charging system.
Yeah there was a noticeable bunch more stuff under the hood, I couldn't even see the intake manifold. I was concerned because there was a fusebox with no cover in front of the pass fender behind the battery. Most of it is probably useless anyways since all the light, computer, etc have been removed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts