Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello does anyone know if you can swap out the v6 suspension and the roush v8 suspension if that will work or not? or does anyone know of a better suspension that will work. and does anyone know how lowered the v6 roush come since mine is lower than normal and i would like a suspension for perofmance but still keep the lower spring but beef up suspension. im pretty much looking for all new parts. thanks

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
hello does anyone know if you can swap out the v6 suspension and the roush v8 suspension if that will work or not? or does anyone know of a better suspension that will work. and does anyone know how lowered the v6 roush come since mine is lower than normal and i would like a suspension for perofmance but still keep the lower spring but beef up suspension. im pretty much looking for all new parts. thanks
is there any specific reason you want roush? there's plenty of other aftermarket brands that offer good suspension. you could probably keep your springs that you have on now if you like how low it is, but it sounds like you want buy new struts, shocks, and maybe better control arms.

how many miles are on your car? im not sure how familiar you are to all the suspension components but here is a good site with a good selection of parts Ford Mustang Suspension Parts at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are 70,xxx miles on it and i would like the roush since i own one, but i would like everything new and i dont know suspension parts at all so im kinda new to it.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
They will work.

They wont be as low as a gt. (Unless you remove the iso)

The only thing different suspension wise with the v6 and GT is the quad shocks the GT has in the rear. The GT weights more than the v6 so thats why it will be owner for the GT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the roush suspension will work ok good, whats the ISO? i dont know much about suspension. and there springs on the roush v8 suspension wont be as low?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The iso or isolators refers to the rubber on each side of the spring. The reason the springs would be lower on a GT is because of the v8 (since its heavier). By removing the isolaters you can match the same height if not lower than the v8.

I have steeda springs that are for a V8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts