Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was contacted by the owner to correct his jet black M3 after letting him know my pricing structure we went with a single step correction. Upon receiving the M3 it just seemed pretty rough yet normal for the age and paint type. After I washed and decontaminated the finish and brought it in under the halogens I was amazed to see how jacked up the finish was. I have to say it was horrible the whole thing looked like it was washed with an sos pad. After I got done taping I noticed the entire vehicle was poorly repainted due to the horrible orange peel, heavy compound residue in crevices, and paint over spray on the A-pillar moldings as well on other moldings throughout the vehicle. It even had clear coat failure in a small area on the roof. After testing on the hood I went with Menzerna FG400 Uber Greens & Hydrotech Tangerine pads to get the best cut and clarity on this refinished M3. I can say that at least 75% correcting was achieved on this due to how bad the finish was. I didn't get any after shots because I returned it after sunset, yet the owner did take a few shots for me and sent them two days after I did the correction. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.

Total time 12 hours spread out through friday to sunday last week.

Tools & Products Used

Karcher 5.75M pressure washer
Mecline foam lance
Rupes LHR15ES
Metro Masterblaster
CG Maxisuds II
Zep Citrus
Zep Purple
Ultima Waterless Wash+
Clay Magic Fine Grade Clay
Mothers Wool Wash Mitt
Wheel Woolies
assortment of wheel brushes Mothers and Swissvax
assortment of Pakshak, Detailed Image, and Eurow microfibers
Menzerna FG400
Uber Green & LC Hydrotech Tangerine Pads
assortment of Adams Hand polishing pads
Wolfs Chemicals Bodywrap
Wolfs Chemicals Nano Quick Detailer
Mothers Reflections Tire care
Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating on Engine bay and Trim
Blue hawk painters tape
IPA full strength and 50:50
Distilled Water
Compressed Air @120 PSI to blow out polishing dust from crevices

[URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/dannyr281/media/Mobile%20Uploads/136AB21E-510F-4681-BF6D-F9B40B956A32.png.html]

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys and yeah it was pretty bad it had severe water spot etching.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man Zep purple at 3:1

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is about how my GF's 330i is I am about to attempt...
I replied back to you on your thread keep in mind this M3 even though it was jet black originally it was resprayed so the clear was not as soft as a factory applied jet black finish which was why I went with the combination I chose. Also if my first suggestion doesnt yield the results you wanted you can try the combination I used here, before you jump to the microfiber pads. Which was green uber pads with FG400 or LC hydrotech tangerine with FG400 which is basically the same thing as uber greens just with a tiny bit more cut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts