Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I seperated from the military last friday. This past monday I began my rode trip from Rapid City SD to Little Rock AR. It was pretty uneventfull for the most part. A v6 camaro messed around with me in sioux falls, and 2nd gen eclipse gst followed me around tail gaiting me in traffic like an idiot in kansas city. On 71 south about an hour past st josephs a black 04 bmw m3 vert with a licence plate that said "Go2Guy" on the back speed past me like a bat out of hell. I was cruising at about 75 and he past me almost like I was standing still. I had prolly at least 200 pounds of **** in the back, computer, xbox, small tv, clothes and what not. He slowed down and looked at me, gave me a thumbs up and honked 3 times. We went from about 60 and stayed even till about 110 or so and then he started to creep past me. We went 2 more times from once from a 40 which I put about a half a car on him to 100 then shut down. Then again from about 60 and the same as the first i stayed with him till about 110 and then he began to creep past me. I got behind him after the last run, lol not 2 minutes after that we past no **** 3 people in about 3 miles that had been pulled over by the state troopers. Good thing it ended when it did. I needed to drop a duece so I took the next rest stop I saw and he must have noticed and turned in real quick to catch the same rest stop. We talked for awhile, he was a cool guy. Said he was from nevada, and he had a chip and a catback exhaust on the m3. I know all things considered the m3 is a better all around car then mine. He told me he will end up paying about 40 grand for it. I was proud though that my 12 grand new edge did as well as it did against it.

EDIT: the only thing that sucked was the turtle head I was getting while talking to the guy.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, this may be the first race story in the history of this site with not even 1 ****ing reply lol. Thanks guys

·
Registered
168 Posts
Those M3s ane nasty. I ran a brand new one about a month ago and got buttraped. I was amazed because I lose races sometimes just like everyone who races often but never has anything pulled away from me like that. He was 3 or 4 cars away in less than 5 seconds. I have a newfound respect for the m division at bmw.

·
Registered
347 Posts
good job man. and way to avoid that hwy patrol.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Yeah, the new M3s are pushing over 400hp at the crank.

Also watch out for the 335i and 135i; they both run a twin-turbo I6 that BMW claims makes 315 at the crank, but guys have been taking them straight off the lot to a dyno shop and they're pushing over 300 to the tires. BMW is underrating them so they don't cut into M3 sales :eyeroll:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah, the new M3s are pushing over 400hp at the crank.

Also watch out for the 335i and 135i; they both run a twin-turbo I6 that BMW claims makes 315 at the crank, but guys have been taking them straight off the lot to a dyno shop and they're pushing over 300 to the tires. BMW is underrating them so they don't cut into M3 sales :eyeroll:
My dad has one, very cool cars :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I would havent gotten walked by a newer one. The 04's only have 330 hp

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
props m3s are a low to mid 13 second car. was it stick, auto, or smg?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
the 335i engine makes 300 lbs of torque at 1400 rpm, how exactly is that fail?

Inline 6s rape V8s for torque.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Wow, this may be the first race story in the history of this site with not even 1 ****ing reply lol. Thanks guys
shouldn't have talked about your ass and turds.:eek:lol

So you got the "runs" with an m3...lol...good run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts