Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i got a buddy who has a bunch of bolt ons, hes got subframe connectors, dual exhaust, high flow cats, headers, a cai.. some other little crap. He wants a supercharger. Not a lot of money, so we are sticking do the 6-9 psi range. Throw me some ideas. No nitrous, no turbo. Preferably roots twin screw or centri. Under 2500 if possible, the lower the better..

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Hey, i got a buddy who has a bunch of bolt ons, hes got subframe connectors, dual exhaust, high flow cats, headers, a cai.. some other little crap. He wants a supercharger. Not a lot of money, so we are sticking do the 6-9 psi range. Throw me some ideas. No nitrous, no turbo. Preferably roots twin screw or centri. Under 2500 if possible, the lower the better..
not gana hapen for under 2500 unless you get a used kit some were.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there any other way to make power with these motors? What about doin the heads and cam and intake would he still have has mileage? clue me in on the sixes

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i mean there are a lot of NA builds out there

SSMS (super six motor sports) makes power paks for the 3.8s a stage 2 system can give him some nice numbers, gears and t-lok should be his first step, and for about 3500-4k he can get a procharger kit

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
the m112 idea would still cost about $2500 + the cost of a cowl hood and paint. so youre still looking at $3200-3300

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
can he make upwards of 250rwhp with under 2 grand?
yeah spray lol, or maybe a built engine and full bolt ons( including headers and everything)

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yuck those gains look hideous with the price.. no offense. Wow. Nothing better than that for under 2?
not really, I mean you can talk to chirs torres about a windstar intake swap, and he is assembling short blocks so a 4.2l and have him assemble it might be a good bet, You buddy needs to get about 4k before he starts seeming numbers

he probably at about 170-175ish

him being auto look into a tuner and a shift kit and shifter

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
once you get all the bolt ons is when it gets expensive. You can either get a power pak, s/c, or turbo.

built 4.2 or 4.3 is nice.....but not gonna give you a ton of hp. Either way yur gonna be spending over 2500 no matter what you want to do.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
once you get all the bolt ons is when it gets expensive. You can either get a power pak, s/c, or turbo.
or you can do wut i wish i did and save yourself $2500 in bolt ons and just go str8 for the big stuff :yes:yes:yes

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
you could try to do the m112 adaptor (900$) and finding a junked cobra and getting that and then theres some other small stuff. but it would take some work.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you have two options if your looking for cheap ...

M112 with the split port adapter...

or

A centri style from vortech or procharger... either way you need to set aside 5g for a project like this

1 - 20 of 49 Posts