Drivetrain:
FRPP alumion driveshaft
FRPP 7.5 tlok
Motive 3.73 gears w/installation kit and bearing

Exhaust:
JBA Cat4ward Shorty Headers
Pypes 409 stainless steel true dual exhaust X-Pipe w/Street Pro Mufflers
Pypes High Flow Catalic Coverter

Dyno tuned (JDM Engnieering or Big Daddy Performance)

this is the plan is this a good setup for my goal. I just want a 300 rwhp running safely and keeping it as a daily driver.

What are your thought regarding the fuel pump and injector are those right numbers?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
39lb injectors
310 fuel pump
wouldn't buy the procharger from rpm*

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeez I underestimated the supercharger. Do you suggest 7 psi is safe on the stock internal or do I go to 5 psi, unlikely?

why not rpmoutlet, what do you suggest. Is it best to call ProCharger themselves?

how strong is the 7.5 axle with ford racing tlok, and 3:73 gears. my car is an automatic, I hear it could handle 350 rwhp (True or False)?

Do I need to upgrade gasoline from 87 octane to either 89 or 91. Ah man with these gas prices I might drop the supercharger if that the case?

If I just get SSM Stage 2+ PowerPak (H/C/I) up to 80 hp w/installation kit, 65mm BBK TB w/CAI, true dual exhaust, alumion ds, tlok 3.73 gear, tuned will I be able to beat a stock 2004 Mustang GT Automatic?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
jeez I underestimated the supercharger. Do you suggest 7 psi is safe on the stock internal or do I go to 5 psi, unlikely?

why not rpmoutlet, what do you suggest. Is it best to call ProCharger themselves?

how strong is the 7.5 axle with ford racing tlok, and 3:73 gears. my car is an automatic, I hear it could handle 350 rwhp (True or False)?

Do I need to upgrade gasoline from 87 octane to either 89 or 91. Ah man with these gas prices I might drop the supercharger if that the case?

If I just get SSM Stage 2+ PowerPak (H/C/I) up to 80 hp w/installation kit, 65mm BBK TB w/CAI, true dual exhaust, alumion ds, tlok 3.73 gear, tuned will I be able to beat a stock 2004 Mustang GT Automatic?
Should.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
"jeez I underestimated the supercharger. Do you suggest 7 psi is safe on the stock internal or do I go to 5 psi, unlikely?

why not rpmoutlet, what do you suggest. Is it best to call ProCharger themselves? I would shop around. Look at vortex too, and get an ebay intercooler.

how strong is the 7.5 axle with ford racing tlok, and 3:73 gears. my car is an automatic, I hear it could handle 350 rwhp (True or False)? They are alot better than stock , and there are a couple people still running with a 7.5 making that power and more.

I would go with 91 if not 93 with the supercharger, just to be safe. With all these mods your mpg will suffer.

I would bet on the v6. "

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I guess I going to pass on the supercharger if I need to upgrade gas and mpg suffering which I expected. I would like to keep my 87 octane 19 city 26 highway.

I guess the engine mod will be the stage 2+ powerpak, with cai, 65 mm bbk and jba shortys and call it a day. enough to beat a stock 2004 gt is good for me!

stays american cars guys thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Switching to a higher octane isn't that expensive. Current gas prices around me are $3.59(87 octane) $3.74 (89) and $3.89 (91). I reckon the gas tank is about 14 gallons, so on completely empty your looking at a difference $4.20 a fill up from 87 octane to 91...$4 i'd piss away on other ****.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Yeah, I guess I going to pass on the supercharger if I need to upgrade gas and mpg suffering which I expected. I would like to keep my 87 octane 19 city 26 highway.

I guess the engine mod will be the stage 2+ powerpak, with cai, 65 mm bbk and jba shortys and call it a day. enough to beat a stock 2004 gt is good for me!

stays american cars guys thanks!

Your still going to loose a considerable amount of gas mileage with that setup.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Rpm outlet is garbage.. I almost had to go through the better business bureau to get my 300 dollars from them. There's people who complain about getting ripped off by way larger amounts... They are a joke there.

Just google them and your see yourself;)

And beating stock a stock GT is boring.. I consider our GT too damn slow

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yeah I understand that it is boring beating stock 2004 and lower year gt. but this v6 of my is a DD and all I want is a little more rwhp that it. I am more focus on suspencion upgrade then all out speed and power. I will be getting a GT500 in either 2014 or 2015 which I will defiantly play with that, so I am saving for that.

I will just be doing the stage 2+ powerpak or I might just get the stage 3. I only see a minor difference in the cylinder heads between powerpaks.

can i get the stage 3 powerpak and keep it N/A with a good dyno tune, along with the drivetrain, 65mm bbk & cai, exhaust setup previously mentioned, sometime later down the road if possible add power adder (S/C or Nitrous) or not. Below is a copy and pasted comparison:

Stage 2+: Stage 2 plus exclusive high velocity D-shape exhaust port, swirl
polished 1.90/1.50 stainless steel valves, 3-angle valve job: $1550* 240 CFM
intake/160 CFM exhaust.

or

Stage 3 SuperHeads: Stage 2+ add exclusive oval high flow exhaust port,
swirl polished 1.94/1.56 stainless steel valves, 918 springs: $1750* 260 CFM
intake/170 CFM exhaust. We run these on our 10-sec V6 racer!

Also, I was thinking of what do you all think of this combo Stage 2+ or 3
w/Long Rod 4.3 Stroker Rotating Assembly kit: New 4.2 crank, SCAT forged stroker H-beam rods, ARP rod bolts, Wiseco forged pistons, rings, pins, and lox: $1775. Our long-rod approach is superior, clearancing of the crank or the block is not required and the longer rod improves internal engine geometry for improved performance.
windage tray/girdle/main stud/oil pickup/dipstick/oil pan kit: $375

I was thinking last night about this combo and could only imagine how much will i be making in rwhp N/A.

How much will I make at the wheels with this combo and can it be done on pump gas?

so much thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Or...... Skip all of this and throw in a 75 shot and when your off the bottle you can still get great mpg. All the goodies will run your like 800 new, used you can snag for like 500.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, yeah i thought about the bottle route which is a good idea (I might go that route), but i think I will not mess with the engine, I do not want my mpg to go down.

I'll guess i will settle with the true dual exhaust, alumion driveshaft, tlok & 3.73 gear with a sct tuner for correction of the speedometer

damn these sixxer got so much potiential, if it wasn't for these gas prices I would do it in a heart beat. i remember when I use to complain when gas went up to $1.78. boy have the time have changed

how much rwhp am I looking at with 75 shot and can I leave the engine stock or do i need to do some mods?

thanks!!!

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
If your so stuck on gas prices then why in the world are you looking to spend like 4000 or even quite a bit more?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Yeah, your logic doesnt make sence bud. The sc will only burn more fuel if you get on it but under normal driving you will gain mpg with the sc vs a cam and head swap in which there is no on/off to it. A cam is gonna burn more fuel at idle vs a sc thats only gonna burn more while in boost.

My advice is that if mpg is a concern, keep the car stock or buy a 2011 mustang.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gas was reasonable back then and I was considering the engine modding phase.

I came on here to get some perspective and idea of cost analyst/Lifecycle O&M.

Since i don't now much about engine modification, other then basic. I figure I come on here and talk too you guys since I am a novice.

If I was young again and had a lot of money like I do now, I wouldn't care about gas and whatever is going on in the world and do my dream mods.

It not the case today as I got bills, girlfriend (side girlfriends), work, business trips, etc. I love my 6er's and all but although the performance would be great, I can't consider it since I drive all across america in it since I will have to refuel constantly.

You guys seem like serious racer, so I apologize if I offended anyone for wasting their time,

but I figure this forum was for information and answer and now I got an idea what I will be dealing if I green light this project.

I guess what I will do is use this save up money and buy next year edition 2013 gt

or
gt500, i here it coming out with a 5.8L engine this time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it what i've been considering, i figure the v6 for dd duty and the gt500 for race/auto X.
But in general I have so much love for any mustang v6, gt, gt500, gt350, boss 302 429, etc. beautiful car. the hell with import

1 - 20 of 28 Posts