Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, please help me out, i am wanting to install my double din touch screen radio in the place of the shaker 5000 that is in my car, i looked on ebay but there are three different style plugs, please tell me about what you used when you did your car. thanks,

·
Registered
167 Posts
shaker 500 should just have an amp for the door subs, all you need is a 70-5521 from metra, it will give you the main radio harness and then a small harness to power up the subs, one word of advice, the factory amp turn on wire is a lower voltage then the output from your aftermarket, so when you turn on your radio it will make a pop sound. If you want to avoid that you need to put a resistor in line with the amp turn on wire coming out of the radio, probably start at 1.5k ohms and go up from there if it doesn't eliminate the sound

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello, i don't have the subs in my front doors like others have :( . i see the plugs you have listed, the question i have now , is the back of the radio has three plugs going into the stock radio? i will use the info on the remote amp power , i will start looking for a resistor , thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my 2008 I had to get main power from the Fuse Panel. I used an add a fuse from the wipers I beleive. I had all the proper harnesses etc, but for some reason that particular year the power did not come thru harness.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plugs

ok, but what style plugs did you use? there is one single plug, then there is the two plugs which one has rca? and then there is the 3 plug? i know the back of my radio has three plugs going into the radio? do i need all three?

·
Registered
167 Posts
does ur factory radio have sirius built in? I believe one of those plugs is for the sat and the other for an aux jack in the center console...

·
Registered
872 Posts
In the interest of not starting a new thread, does anyone know what Metra kit is needed for the Shaker 1000? I actually only need it for the head unit power and ground, amp turn on, and the speaker wires. I will be running dedicated amps for the speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts