Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
(enter the haters of the 2005 'stangs :tomato)
I have a couple questions about body kits since this is the first time im going to be purchasing one.

-first off how much roughly am i looking at spending my budget is around 3000 fully installed.
-second, what are some good sites and brands to look at?
-lastly, should i go with polyurethane or fiberglass?

any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

and yeah i did look for any previously posted threads about this topic but got tired of looking past page 10.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Cervini is a very common one. But grab a mustang magazine and sometimes you'll see advertizements for body kits.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Cervini is a very common one. But grab a mustang magazine and sometimes you'll see advertizements for body kits.
+1

Also your sure that you want to drop that much on a body kit? Personally I'd go a different route, but it's up to you.
$3k will get you wheels, suspension, and some power adders.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
OP are you going for aethetics or performance?

You can make a car look 'cool', or you can do what Alex said and make it look a little less 'cool' but have handling capabilities that are ten-fold greater than stock and increase response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OP are you going for aethetics or performance?

You can make a car look 'cool', or you can do what Alex said and make it look a little less 'cool' but have handling capabilities that are ten-fold greater than stock and increase response.
eventually i want to do both, i hope to have this car a very long time. However for future reference what do you guys recommend for wheels and power? what are some decent bands? And actually that 3 grand was what i was hoping to spend installed and painted. and thanks for all the responses thus far!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Cervini's is the nicest body kit in my opinion, But with 3 grand I would do:

NTO Dual exhaust $299 + shipping
NTO 8.8 rear end with 3.73's $8XX.00
AM combo SCT Custom Tuner/JLT CAI $570-$590 (cant remember exact)
Wheels/tires with the money you have left.

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
That chin spoiler is fugly. If you're honestly looking to drop this kind of cash I would highly suggest buying parts to improve your performance.As others have pointed out you can get a CAI, Dual Exhaust, Tune, Rear End+Gears, etc. You can improve you looks for relatively cheap while saving money for improving your performance. i.e. Tint, HID retrofit, Stripes.

I would recommend not going with a body kit at this point in time. Focus on performance then go for looks later on down the line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That chin spoiler is fugly. If you're honestly looking to drop this kind of cash I would highly suggest buying parts to improve your performance.As others have pointed out you can get a CAI, Dual Exhaust, Tune, Rear End+Gears, etc. You can improve you looks for relatively cheap while saving money for improving your performance. i.e. Tint, HID retrofit, Stripes.

I would recommend not going with a body kit at this point in time. Focus on performance then go for looks later on down the line.
that kit doesn't include a chin spoiler just rear valance the exhaust kit and side skirts.

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
that kit doesn't include a chin spoiler just rear valance the exhaust kit and side skirts.
Ah I see. Well my opinion stands. Body kits are a waste of money, especially if you don't have the performance to back them up.

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
ok then now that thats settled what should i start with improving my performance with?
Dual exhaust, not a huge performance gainer but it'll make your car sound a lot better.

CAI and Tune

8.8 Rear end and 3.55/3.73 Gears for quicker launch.

Rims/Tires

Those are usually the basic mods that any V6 should start with. After that then you can start with some more serious engine mods.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea yo my first major project for my car was a dual exhaust and the gt500 bumper. I would say piece together a body with oe ford parts. Like get a dual exhaust and a rear bumper that will hold it, leave the side rocker panels or paint them how you want, and get a new front end. And look into an intake and a tune it will make you very happy. And wheels and tires. You could get all those things i mentioned and still be under 3000

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am getting the Cervini C-500 kit put on in a month. Theres a guy in my town that has it. Looks damn sexy turns heads everywhere.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am getting the Cervini C-500 kit put on in a month. Theres a guy in my town that has it. Looks damn sexy turns heads everywhere.
Are you getting the whole kit? I'm doing the front bumper,spoiler,louvers and scoops right now. I can't wait to get it back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts