Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2006 GT and it seems to fall on it's face after it's warmed up. If I start it cold and drive it, it runs fine, even getting on it. But after it's warm, going from 1st to 2nd it will almost fall flat on it's face and once I'm out of the throttle it comes around. Same for other gears, but not as bad. If I'm on the interstate and cruising it's fine, but if I downshift to pass someone, same thing...but much worse because I'm already operating at highway speeds.

It has a new fuel filter and fuel pump in it. No change to the problem. No pending or set codes.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
check crank position sensor and cam position sensors. crank position sensor can retard timing if it cannot read correctly and same for the cam sensors as well. I could be wrong but worth checking out regardless

·
Resident Headbanger
2,421 Posts
I suggest you buy an ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD 2 scanner that plugs into the underdash port, download the Car Scanner app onto your smartphone, pair it to the Bluetooth device, and use the live data as well as the data recording features to troubleshoot the problem as you drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts