Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - First time post and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else but in my searches I could not find my answer.

06 Mustang GT; ManTrans; JLT CAI 3; SRP 62mm TB; SCT tune for the JLT
All has been fine for months then the idle began to surge to 2000 - 2500 RPM
Codes P2111;P2104; P0507
I have replaced the TPS and is 1.26VDC key on engine off .88VDC at idle up to 4.44VDC at WOT
I have replaced the TB Motor - more on why in a second
I have cleaned the throttle body - with throttle body cleaner
I have cleaned the MAF - with MAF cleaner
Cleaned all connectors and put dielectric grease, everything tight and again works with key on engine off.
Replaced to stock TB and Air Filter flashed and relearn. Back to JLT and SRP TB flash and relearn.

Key on engine off, depress throttle butterfly opens. Engine running depress throttle butterfly does not open. I took the cover off the TB Motor and marked the spindle with a sharpie so I could verify if it is opening. Again, key on engine off works fine engine running does not work. I replaced the TB Motor. Same symptoms.
When the engine surges the spindle is not moving, the butterfly is not opening. Spring is good and in correct position.
Reflashed the PCM. Disconnected battery for 30 minutes, idle to op temp for 15 min and ac for 3-5 min. If it makes it through all that without surging it either does it when I put it in gear or shortly thereafter making for a fun ride or it throws the wrench and goes into limp mode.
Since it did not work stock I have all my JLT and SRP back on as my preference would be to resolve this with the JLT and SRP TB.

Questions ... I am stuck any ideas?
Second any one know what would keep the TB Motor from working? Again, works fine key on engine off but will not respond to throttle with engine off. TPS does respond and voltage goes from .88VDC to 4.44VDC engine running. TPS is at 1.26VDC key on engine off. I have yet in all my parts swapping measuring ect seen that TB spindle move with the engine running....

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the TB off the vehicle, removed the tb motor and tps and then yes I cleaned it including opening up the butterfly.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,427 Posts
You may simply have a faulty TB (quite common in aftermarket TBs except Ford Racing or GT500 units). Reinstall the stock one and see if that resolves the problem.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I know with the motor on if you force it open damage will occur. I wouldnt think damage would occur if the motor is removed but I guess it could be. But like Bullitt said its probably a bad tb motor, most are known to be crap except stock. And the fact the wrench light comes on means there is a fault with the tb motor, tps or pedal assembly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Progress!!! You guys were correct. Either the after market TB motor could not overcome the engine vacuum to open the butterfly or the TB Motor was bad out of the box or damaged in cleaning. Either way.

I did take it for a test drive and it did throw a wrench once and engine codes 2104 and 2111 again. I cleared it and made it the rest of the way home. It was on idle in traffic (Yay fun) and with the AC on. But only the once on a 12 mile drive.

It is hanging the RPM for a noticeable amount of time. By that I mean it feels like a car does when you let off the accelerator after setting cruise control and the RPM do not drop. But after a few they do drop and engine breaking begins.

I thought I had tried every combination but apparently not. I much appreciate the suggestion. Any ideas on the RPM "hang" is appreciated otherwise I will go to town on her from here.

Mahalo Nui - Erik

1 - 7 of 7 Posts