Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
So I'm a junior in High School and I found a really nice 2006 Mustang GT. The entire car is perfect, with under 50,000 miles on the engine. :D

HOWEVER the car was broadsided, and I believe both rear sides need to be replaced along with the rear axle which is in half.

How much could all the work run me? I plan on buying the axle for about 600 hundred dollars so what do you think i'll pay a body shop to install it?

And how do I go about both rear quarters? :confused:

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
don't even bother man. these mustangs are unibodies. there's some pretty good deals out there for decent mileage s197's. just go get a loan (make sure you have a means to pay it off first) and get a decent UNMOLESTED GT for cheap.

welcome to the forums btw!

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
agreed. that frame is probably all ****ed up

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
yikes! if you really want it, go around and make sure all the body gaps look the same, that will signify any frame damage. thats going to need alot of body work though. you are probably looking at 3k or more

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
If youre looking at replacing then youll probably need to find two wrecked cars with opposite quarter panels that are ****ed up. especially since the panel goes all the way to the front fender, youre looking at quite a challenge for yourself

·
Registered
318 Posts
Man, seriously, there is no reason to invest in a vehicle so badly damaged. There are too many S197's out there for good prices. Whats your hang up on this particular car?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used to do body work. This body will not look good cut on. Also any vehicle hit from side will more than likely damage the frame. Take in consideration that no shop will ever be able to completely restore a frame. I believe best now is 85 percent. Any vehicle with frame damage will be disregarded by insurance. Just loook for a better used s197

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
if its only 2k then buy it strip out then drivetrain and put it in a v6

·
Registered
318 Posts
So this opens up alot of questions about the car. Its obviously salvaged. What shape is the motor and tranny in? Does it have a leather interior or oem nav? There are no golden eggs, and there is a reason its being sold for 2K. I absolutely would not buy this car to fix up. I MAY part it out if there was significant value in parts. Looks like it has 17" wheels (not worth $300). Probably doesn't have HID headlamps...these are things I would look at.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I got hit on the right rear and it was 7k by time everything was done to get it back to 100% and that was just 1 side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah man. it runs mint... the interior is spotless. the whole front of the car and rear end are good... so is the frame. THE ONLY problem is the two panels and the rear axle.

Help me understand if possible, how big are the whole quarter panels?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts