Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 V6 with a V2 s/c. The engine started to show signs of predetonation several months ago when it kept blowing plugs (another poster helped me out and suspected the ring lands were blowing). The engine has been showing weird signs before then (bought the car May of last year). I am on Long Island (NY) and planning on having Mustang Magic tune the car when it is ready. Since I have to change the engine I may add another v6 engine and swap over the entire s/c package complete with injectors or should I just dump everyhting and convert to a 4.6 - not sure about this one? Either way, can anyone recomend a mechanic near me that can install the engine and knows how to properly set up a s/c?
Thaanks

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
If your looking for location specific information, it would be best to have this in the regional section. Would you like me to move this thread there for you?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Well if you swap to a 4.6, that vortech kit wont work. Youll need a new head unit, bracket, probally injectors, MAF, fuel pump, etc.... The only way you should drop a 4.6 in, is if its going to be boosted, or a 4V.

With that being said, I would just go to a junkyard, and pick up a longblock out of a V6. Try getting one out of the same transmission as yours is so you dont have to mess with the wiring harness at all.

And when you drop that motor in, take your current motor and build it. 9.4:1 CR pistons, all forged, steel crank so you can rev it (centri's love high rpm's) blower grind cam, heads etc...... Thats what I would do.

I cant imagine a V6 longblock would be to much at a junkyard, or even look on craigslist for someone whos parting one out that totaled it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if you swap to a 4.6, that vortech kit wont work. Youll need a new head unit, bracket, probally injectors, MAF, fuel pump, etc.... The only way you should drop a 4.6 in, is if its going to be boosted, or a 4V.

With that being said, I would just go to a junkyard, and pick up a longblock out of a V6. Try getting one out of the same transmission as yours is so you dont have to mess with the wiring harness at all.

And when you drop that motor in, take your current motor and build it. 9.4:1 CR pistons, all forged, steel crank so you can rev it (centri's love high rpm's) blower grind cam, heads etc...... Thats what I would do.

I cant imagine a V6 longblock would be to much at a junkyard, or even look on craigslist for someone whos parting one out that totaled it.
Thanks. I wasn't planning on adding the same s/c to an 8, but I like the setup you recommended with the 6. Do you know of any good shops in NY that can do the work?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Alot of people from NY acually come to MA so it seems for tuning. Id recomend Pete whos in Loudon NH, he runs a shop called Performance Dyno. I know a few people that use him as their tuner and havent been dissapointed. mell0 recomended me, and really couldnt have been happier. I recomended Jobra and he was happy, and I think Demon is going to go to him.

Just borrow a Uhaul trailer?

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Alot of people from NY acually come to MA so it seems for tuning. Id recomend Pete whos in Loudon NH, he runs a shop called Performance Dyno. I know a few people that use him as their tuner and havent been dissapointed. mell0 recomended me, and really couldnt have been happier. I recomended Jobra and he was happy, and I think Demon is going to go to him.

Just borrow a Uhaul trailer?
This.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts