Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jessica’s birthday was yesterday (Sunday April 3rd 2011) and I decided that her car needed a full detail…Here is what I did:

Products Used:
ZEP Citrus Cleaner
303 Aerospace Protectant
Mothers Leather Cleaner
Mothers Leather Conditioner
Mothers California Gold Instant Detailer
Chemical Guys Window Cleaner
Sonax Wheel Cleaner
Chemical Guys Glossworkz
Mothers Claybar
Autoglym HD
Chemical Guys P40 QD
Sheep Skin Wash Mit
MISC Microfibers
4 app pads
PC 7424
Black Pad
Wheel Brush(s)
Shark Steamer
Waffleweave Drying Towels
Mothers Back To Black

Interior
I first started out cleaning all the interior…First task at hand was vacuuming the entire car to include the seats and trunk area…I then used ZEP citrus cleaner diluted 1:10 with distilled water… Now given we have a 2 year old the interior cleaning was no small task…After I cleaned all the surfaced of the vehicle I then used 303 Aerospace Protectant to protect all the surfaces…After that I moved onto the seats…I wanted to use my Leatherique products on the leather but I did not have the 24 hours I like to let the oil set on the leather so I opted for Mothers Leather Care products…I used Mothers Leather Cleaner on all the leather first to make sure I was starting with a clean slate…After that I followed it with Mothers Leather Conditioner…I have to say this mothers OTS stuff works damn well and for the money it’s a damn good bargain and will definitely continue to use it on the Jeep…I had used meguiars and lexol on previous vehicles and I felt they always left a sticky residue behind…Luckily the mothers didn’t and the Jeep Leatherisk seats felt awesome…I then cleaned the glass with Chemical Guys Window cleaner and as usual it worked awesomely with a cheap microfiber towel…I then opened up every door to check out the door jams and such…They were horrible so I used Mothers California Gold Instant Detailer on them…It literally took 3 of my cheap MF’s to clean them and I ended up throwing them away after it was all said and done…I used the Shark Steamer on tough spots that just wouldn’t come out and the shark did phenomenal…

Engine
The engine has a lot of plastic on it so I just sprayed with down with the ZEP citrus cleaner diluted 1:4 with water…I let it sit for about 5 minutes and then sprayed it off with water in a spray bottle and wiped it down with 303 Aerospace Protectant…I then cleaned all the jams on the engine bay with Mothers California Gold Instant Detailer and shut the hood and was done with that portion of it…

Exterior
I first gave the car a good spray down…Then sprayed Sonax on the wheels and let it sit for about 4 minutes and hit it with the wheels brush…These wheels were so damn dirty it wasn’t even funny…But the sonax did the job perfect and then I rinsed them and moved onto the body of the car…I used the two bucket method with grit guards and a sheep skin mit…I used 1.5 ounces of Chemical Guys Glossworkz shampoo…Damn that stuff is nice and feels great on the vehicle…After giving it a nice scrubbing I rinsed with water and pulled it into the garage for drying with some waffle weave towels…Since the car is the wife’s daily driver and she really didn’t want me spending 8 hours doing a correction I just went ahead and used a Mothers Claybar system to take out the junk I couldn’t wash off the paint…While claybarring I noticed the paint isn’t really in that bad of shape which surprised me considering MOPAR’s lack of quality when it comes to paint…After I claybarred the car I gave it a quick wipe down with IPA and started in giving it a wax…I wanted to put a sealer on the car but I really didn’t have time so I just went straight into waxing…I used Autoglym HD wax which went on wonderfully…I worked the wax with my PC on speed 6 using a black pad…After I finished I gave the car a wipe down with a quality Microfiber and some Chemical Guys P40 QD…The car came out awesome…

Trim
I noticed the black plastic molding on the car was looking dingy so I used some Mothers Back to Black to makes the plastic look and feel new…I applied it to the mirrors, rear bumper mat, side skirts, and the front splitter and it came out great…
So here is the finished product…Sorry no before shots as I didn’t really do into this thinking about doing a write up…

Driver Side

Hatch Area

Passenger Side

Front

Driver Side

Rear

Passenger Side

It has some decent shine IMHO

Wheels

Tucked Away In The Garage

My Car while this was all going on

I need a bigger garage!!

All in all it was goodtimes…We also knocked out some yard work and ended the day with Stuffed Cabbage, Stuffed Peppers, and cupcakes from her birthday cupcake cake…

·
MM's Samsquanch
707 Posts
results are lookin pretty good.

i need to commit to detailing and get some decent stuff to do it the right way.

so far my one wash bucket,one mit, meguires gold class soap and paste wax are making me feel like im slacking when i come into the detailing section. lol

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
results are lookin pretty good.

i need to commit to detailing and get some decent stuff to do it the right way.

so far my one wash bucket,one mit, meguires gold class soap and paste wax are making me feel like im slacking when i come into the detailing section. lol
All the products used can be found at walmart or an autoparts store other then the chemical guys stuff and the quality microfibers which can be bought online...So its very possible...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
White is a forgiving color...It needs some compounding but the wife want down with me taking the entire day as she had yard work she wanted done...

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Looks great! Not sure how you don't hit the railing in the garage, though....:eek:

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! Not sure how you don't hit the railing in the garage, though....:eek:
Lots of practice...

When we first moved in we stopped and looked or had a spotter...Now we just know when to stop...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jessica is very happy with it so thats all that matters...

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Everyone hates the neighbor that comes over just to say, "Wanna do mine next?". I want to just blurt, "Want to suck my sweaty dick when I'm done too?". LOL

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Everyone hates the neighbor that comes over just to say, "Wanna do mine next?". I want to just blurt, "Want to suck my sweaty dick when I'm done too?". LOL
Understand. It was more of a joke/compliment. If I really wanted him to do my vehicle, there would be talk of money and if he actually wanted to do it or not.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You two homoing up my thread?

·
RIP Dennis