Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
U got skinnies up front? couldnt tell. suprised it aint coming off the ground more. U must got the suspension dial-in. Most people like the wheel stand but lots of times it slows the car. Nice car

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, running slicks and skinnies on it. It's a daily driver just as it is (with street tires on it). I keep the front shocks pretty tight and the front sway bar is connected still. I ran without the sway bar once and it came up quite a bit more but I didn't see any real difference in times.

U got skinnies up front? couldnt tell. suprised it aint coming off the ground more. U must got the suspension dial-in. Most people like the wheel stand but lots of times it slows the car. Nice car

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yep, running slicks and skinnies on it. It's a daily driver just as it is (with street tires on it). I keep the front shocks pretty tight and the front sway bar is connected still. I ran without the sway bar once and it came up quite a bit more but I didn't see any real difference in times.
Thats a sweet car man. mines an 04 i gained just under a tenth with my sway bar removed. in the mid six's would be close to super pro class if i remember right. IM along ways from that LOL

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Jesus :drool that's so nice! What's your 60'? And do you have a 2step or did you use your tuner to 'make' one (I am trying to figure out how to do that lol)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys - I'm upgrading the fuel system now and putting a 6 pt rollbar in. I think I can hit 10.2x in January in the 1/4. We'll see... haha It weighs about 3860 with me in it.

FORDY9ER - I have a WotBox that cuts out spark when the clutch is pushed in. I have it set at 3000rpm fyi. You can use the SCT software to create a quasi-two step by modifying the neutral rev limiter values. It's not as good but it does work. I used that method until installing thw Wotbox this past summer. The SCT way will cut fuel instead of spark and I would rather cut spark for engine safety reasons fyi. Also, I think the Wotbox is more consistent and it sounds cool at the line :)

Jesus :drool that's so nice! What's your 60'? And do you have a 2step or did you use your tuner to 'make' one (I am trying to figure out how to do that lol)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice car and good run! Quick question about the WOT Box. Is it as easy as set the RPM's and disengage the clutch to hammer down? Or do you have to set a timer for it to re initiate the spark?

How much money do you have in the motor and transmission?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, the two step works off the clutch pedal. When I release the clutch the two step shuts off. It has logic built in to keep it from re-engaging when you shift.

Money? hahahahaha - I quit counting sometime ago! The shortblock was $4100 shipped from Brenspeed last year and I did all the work myself. Transmission was about $2000 shipped two years ago.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Which whipple kit are you running and any dyno numbers? I'm just curious as to how much power it takes in these cars to get them in the low 10's. I'm really thinking hard about getting a forged block and a power adder come tax return.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the Gen I 2.3L blower. I put the blower on the stock motor originally when the car was brand new back in March 200 I'd get a TVS if I were doing it today. Have not dyno'd the car but it's around 700rwhp I think on E85.

Go to the link in my sig at Levi Taylor's Blog and there are posts about the engine build I did fyi.

Which whipple kit are you running and any dyno numbers? I'm just curious as to how much power it takes in these cars to get them in the low 10's. I'm really thinking hard about getting a forged block and a power adder come tax return.

·
Project Roush underway
313 Posts
That was really nice - or should i say Really Fast!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts