steal tubbs
shortened rearend
4 link
plus much more to come...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dad and I are installing the 10 point roll cage and we are going to back half it. Installing rear ladder bar frame kit from Auto Weld Chassis and Components from Daneville, PA

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Whats the reason to go to a ladderbar? Stock suspension isnt terrible and can be built to go just as fast and be just as adjustable as a ladderbar.

A fox chassis like mine I would argue is just as good as a 4 link, but a s197 is not. Ladder bar could be about the same as a s197 suspension.

Is this going to be a big tire car :(

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Small block Chevy? Lame

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
anytime.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Woww what a mix-up. I can't see myself ever doing this kind of a build but hey no one usually respects new things until they are done and tearing up the pavement. Good luck and do it exactly the way you want, you're the one driving it!

Reactions: 07GTdrag

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woww what a mix-up. I can't see myself ever doing this kind of a build but hey no one usually respects new things until they are done and tearing up the pavement. Good luck and do it exactly the way you want, you're the one driving it!

Thanks man. Its nice to see that their are people out there that can be respectful of people's ideas even if you do not agree with them.

I realize that putting a chevy motor in a mustang is and never will be a popular decision. I got broad shoulders.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good man, Chevy is the way to go.

Thanks! It was the only way for me to go right now. My dad has years of experience building chevy motors for drag racing. Plus he has parts laying around for them that will save me money in the long run.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it has been a while since I have posted and updated this post.

Updates:
454 BBC NA
4 Link
Competition Engineering Cage
15x 15 Weldstars in rear, still undecided about what to do for fronts.
Pics to come once they process trough my email...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts