Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the vehicle here is my girlfriends as some of you have already see it on here before. I decided to correct it for here since it has never been corrected and I wanted to leave it looking good for her. I choose to do a single stage correction on its since I only had 8 hours to get the entire job done before she got out of work and I had to go pick her up. She said it looked better today than when she bought it a year ago.:D She had chunks of asphalt stuck in the wheel wells it was pretty bad. Didn't have time to take pics of the engine bay or the interior but it came out nice. On to the good stuff

Products and Tools used:

Karcher K 5.85M
PWM Mecline Foam Cannon
Makita 9227C
PC 7424XP
3M Superbuff III 2 plus 2 wool pad
Uber 3" rotary & d/a backing plate
Uber 5.5 & 4" Yellow Pads
LC Hydrotech Crimson 5.5" pad
Bissell Big Green Machine with various attachments
3 Buckets (wash,rinse,wheels & exhaust)
2 Grit Guards
Swissvax Detail brush
Wheel Barrel brush
Zep Citrus
CG Maxisuds II
DI sheepskin mitt
Grout sponge
Peak Microfiber Dressing applicator
CG Ez-Creme
Megs M105
Menzerna 203S PowerFinish
Blackfire Wet Diamond
Claymagic Fine Clay
Poorboys World Trim Restorer
Ducttape

Mothers Products used: Sent to me from Jim @ Mothers to test out and review)

I have to say I was pleased using the products and got good results with them The Mothers line is a good brand that is easily accessible to everyone since it is mostly OTC. I would recommend it for those who dont want to spend alot on detailing supplies or have to go through the process of ordering online but still want to see results. Also if you happen to run out of a certain product weather it be a a highend boutique line or a regular product and need a replacement fast (say your in the middle of a detail) that will get you good results.... Mothers will be readily accessible to virtually everyone.

Mothers Professional Heavy Duty Rubbing Compound # 81232 ( a bit runny, yet provides longer work times, finishes down nicely for a compound and has around the same cut as M105)
Mothers Carnauba Wash & Wax (a good OTC soap, I would say its just as good or better than Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax)
Mothers Showtime Detailer ( used as clay lubricant, provided good lubricity)
Mothers Powerball4lights ( this is the only product I had problems with the supplied polish and drill pad when used didnt seem to have enough cut to ge out the sanding scratches from the supplied sanding pads. I had to use the makita with the 3M wool pad to remove he scratches. I am sure it works fine when you dont use the sanding pads though, One thing is I do have an old dewalt drill so I am not sure if I had a better drill if it wold have made a difference)
Mothers Wheel & Tire Cleaner (very similar to AG CWC)
Mothers Reflections Tire Care ( lasts for about 2 to 3 washings and is not a overbearing look)
Mothers R3 (removes racing rubber and road tar)
Mothers VLR ( great all around cleaner and conditioner that leaves a low gloss/ matte look thats non greasy)
Mothers Leather Cleaner (really cleans tough grime out of your leather safely)
Mothers Leather Conditioner (conditions leather nicely and doesnt leave a greasy feel after like most OTC product)
Mothers Glass Cleaner (works great and is ammonia free)
Mothers Wheel brush (does the job)
Mothers Wheel Well brush (does the job)
Mothers Plush double sided Microfibers ( these are great quality microfibers I have been using them for a while now, but it doesn't seem like Mothers sells them individually...they should, the 12 pack I received is excellent)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Looks good...

Have you checked your PB recently?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Nice work man.. why don't you just go with the Pro acct on PB? Its not that expensive...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good...

Have you checked your PB recently?

Nice work man.. why don't you just go with the Pro acct on PB? Its not that expensive...
Thanks man I dont feel like spending cash on that I think its a waste of $, I rather use $20 on a new product:eek:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
lol, not a big PB user, but can't you just keep making new accounts? yeah pita, but hell least you don't have to pay!

and looks good, damn those headlights were f'ed!!! was driving at night with little light not an issue for her :p

Reactions: dannyboy281

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lol, not a big PB user, but can't you just keep making new accounts? yeah pita, but hell least you don't have to pay!

and looks good, damn those headlights were f'ed!!! was driving at night with little light not an issue for her :p
Yeah they were messed up pretty bad. I took your advice and made a new account thanks man, reps:)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Did you try those free PB pro account deals?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you try those free PB pro account deals?
No man just made a new account

How much correction did you get out of it?

I looked and didn't see anything as easy as you had got before.

I would say about 70% correction the deeper RDS stayed but I will work on it again for her in a few months

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Damn I missed this thread and now the pics won't work, ill check this out when I get home. Always liked mothers products, not loved, but as you say they certainly do the job they say they do.
Oh snap, 2011 I'm a dumb dumb.
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts