Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has the 4.6 with a 2.3 Whipple, auto trans. It occasionally gives me a check engine light that tells me code 171 and 174. The codes say lean engine condition. I have to reset it once in a while. Now it randomly just turns it self off while going down the road. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and cleaned the MAF sensor. My mechanic has gone over everything 5 times but cant seem to find anything. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
In late '04 when my car was new I had a tuner with a CAI. I'd be cruising on the highway and every now and then the car would just shut off. Same thing....lean condition. I had a local shop adjust my tune. I hope you've had a dyno tune anyway with that Whipple.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Stay out of boost until you get a new tune! Are you running the Whipple tune or someone elses? I'd recommend ordering a new tune ASAP. A place like VMP Tuning can set you up with a tune and quickly. There's an option to expedite the order and you'll get it in a day but don't forget to read the instructions on how to expedite the order. By the way, what fuel pump are you running? Stock? If so, that sucks that you just spent the money on the stock fuel pump when you could of used that as a chance to upgrade.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: 05+ Mustang GT or 04+ F150 with Whipple Supercharger

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If he has a Whipple I'm sure he has the twin GT500 pump set up.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
What's it a non intercooled Whipple kit?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The intercooled kit only comes with a single gt500 pump, not a twin. The non-intercooled kit doesn't come with a new fuel pump.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
the gt 500 is a dual pump in one assembly....what about your o2 sensors they could be bad and throwing the lean signal to throw the code

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
the gt 500 is a dual pump in one assembly....what about your o2 sensors they could be bad and throwing the lean signal to throw the code
Exactly. I thought that was common knowledge.

Where's the guy that started this thread?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts