Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Family, (and Merry Christmas!)

2007 V6 95k miles...

I just recently replaced the thermostat housing because that was cracked and leaking antifreeze and it's now in great shape. New upper and lower housing, gaskets, and 190 F degree thermostat. I thought that solved all of my overheating problems. Wrong. Tonight as I was heading to watch Django Unchained, my little temperature gauge crept past the half way point on my dash, and into 3/4 territory. My stomach sank. The new thermostat housing is not leaking, and there is plenty of antifreeze (full blown antifreeze, NOT the 50-50 stuff) in the reservoir.

Some background....

I waited as long as I possibly could to fix the thermostat housing because I always thought it was an issue with the cooling fan. I checked all of the fuses and have replaced the fuse that controls the high-speed cooling fan several times (its the chunkier square looking piece) as I thought that was the issue. Whenever I see the temperature gauge go 3/4 I can usually stop, pull over, and remove the cooling fan fuse then replace it and the cooling fan will kick on. I have no idea why it waits to do this and doesn't kick on automatically once it reaches a certain temperature. But once the fan kicks on, the needle drops back below the halfway point, and all is good.

ALSO, I need to mention that whenever I turn the AC on, the radiator fan kicks on...

Additional background...

This is my 2nd mustang. I purchased it in February 2012 and its a V6 premium, dual exhaust. I think it may be tuned, but I have no idea or way of being certain.

My question is could it be an electrical problem? is the fan motor bad? Is the wire that connects the fuse to the fan the issue? Do I need to get the entire fusebox overhauled and re-configured?

Finally, I'm located in Tempe (Phoenix), Arizona. So if anyone can recommend a good repair shop that has reasonable prices, I'll definitely listen!

Looking for any help/advice you guys can provide please! Thanks much, and GOD BLESS AMERICA & ITS CITIZENS!

JW

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am thinking it's got a air pocket somewhere in the cooling system. Might need to be bleed the cooling system to get the air out of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts