Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
135 will be a kicker for the turbo coyotes, but that still gives a whole lot more leeway.

For the record, I think it's a terrible idea to change that rule.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Now the stock zr1s and slightly modded gt500s don't have to worry. Pretty much all the new "fast" cars will be good. Besides a bugatti on a good day :lol

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
135 will be a kicker for the turbo coyotes, but that still gives a whole lot more leeway.

For the record, I think it's a terrible idea to change that rule.
It is and it isn't. New cars that are able to run that fast without modding are very very stable in higher speeds.

Still doesn't help if you smack a wall... I see your point.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't care how stable that car is. What happens when the faster car that its next to, gets loose, comes across the track, and drives into the door of the 2011 Mustang at 130MPH? Those door bars sure would have been nice.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I agree on this being a stupid idea. I'm currently building my vert and I know even if I didn't need it I would still put in a 6 point before I got to any real speeds

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Ummm, duh....? Who wouldn't put a roll cage in a vert?

Oh to be honest I didn't read the original post. I thought this had to do with verts for some reason. Either way even if my car wasn't a vert I would still at least have a bar at those speeds

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
They can't be modified so no pulley upgrades or blowers or anything like that.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I definitley wouldnt feel safe.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It's easy to see the point being made, especially concerning how cars are designed nowadays. There is revenue that they are surely missing out on as track owners by guys that would get shutdown. Alot of the people that buy fast cars WANT to race them occasionally. I truly understand not wanting to cage a DD, especially something that you put your kids in. You don't want them bouncing off the bars in the event of an accident on the street. But that being said, automakers didn't design their cars to do 130 mph crashes either, or at least I don't assume they did. Just because your vehicle can do a certain speed/et from the factory, doesn't mean it's safe to that speed. Racing on a Private track is a privilege, not a right. Even though it's safer to do it there than on the streets, I still believe that you should follow the rules that made it safer to begin with. I understand that lowering the ET was a solution to an issue, but it doesn't mean they had to drop it all the way down to 10.00. Factory cars may certainly have more reinforcements in them, but it still is far from a cage.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Rght on, definatley helps the guys that can afford to race to new power plants. But still the same time for us older guy?

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's easy to see the point being made, especially concerning how cars are designed nowadays. There is revenue that they are surely missing out on as track owners by guys that would get shutdown. Alot of the people that buy fast cars WANT to race them occasionally. I truly understand not wanting to cage a DD, especially something that you put your kids in. You don't want them bouncing off the bars in the event of an accident on the street. But that being said, automakers didn't design their cars to do 130 mph crashes either, or at least I don't assume they did. Just because your vehicle can do a certain speed/et from the factory, doesn't mean it's safe to that speed. Racing on a Private track is a privilege, not a right. Even though it's safer to do it there than on the streets, I still believe that you should follow the rules that made it safer to begin with. I understand that lowering the ET was a solution to an issue, but it doesn't mean they had to drop it all the way down to 10.00. Factory cars may certainly have more reinforcements in them, but it still is far from a cage.

I agree. I understand why it was done, but I still don't really agree with it. "Unaltered" may be the great equalizer once it's defined though. This rule may not apply to many.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't care how stable that car is. What happens when the faster car that its next to, gets loose, comes across the track, and drives into the door of the 2011 Mustang at 130MPH? Those door bars sure would have been nice.

ok so lets say this is a viable situation for a momement the other car isnt gonna be doing 130 by the 60 ft when you are doing 25 mph. so anyways if the other car loses it at 130 at the eighth mile and your doing 60mph closing speed is 70 so thats like losing control on the thruway. if he lost it at top end at 130 your doing 100 and thats only a 30 mph crash

just my 2 cents anyways

p.s. great reason to run bracket racing cause if the other car runs 130 in the eight you would never seem him till the finish line anyways

·