Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished taking the cobra out to Hallett Raceway park for the SVTOA on track event put on by Track Guys. Jeff Lacina and his Track guys crew are top notch. I have been to numerous events run by them (with my old gen2 L and my SVTF). This was the first time taking the cobra out. 600 rwhp of whipple can make for a day filled with learning throttle modulation. First hot session of the day my car decided to pop the bypass radiator hose off the crossover tube. Luckily it was during hard braking into turn 10 with a nice place to pull off track nearby. Unluckily another cobra that was quite a ways behind me got into the coolant and went off track.

I have a ton of pics of other cars at the event that I still need to upload. Most of these are of my car (with other cars in frame) and some of my good friend silver gen 2 L.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in this pic you can see some red behind the wheel on the rotor. upgraded brakes will be coming soon!!!!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

Your car is full of win :rockon

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hell yeah, nice pics. i wish i could go there to run :(
Make a plan to come out next year! There were several people from around little rock that made the 3 hour drive. Next year I am going to rent a race port and camp out for the entire weekend. They have everything you need, electrical hookups, showers, etc.

I'll bring my smoker and keep a constant supply of my famous bbq going.

:withhomo

Your car is full of win :rockon
thank you! It will be getting some new mods to help improve the few weak points found during the weekend.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:drool gimme your rims
LOL! I can get you the specs and contact info so you can get some. they are filthy in the pics. the lips are actually chrome and look like a flat silver/grey due to all the dust.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Asshole.

That was directed at me not you, I am a jealous asshole. Of your car, and the fun day you had.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Cool stuff man. Did the door bars from the new cage give you any problems in hard cornering?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Make a plan to come out next year! There were several people from around little rock that made the 3 hour drive. Next year I am going to rent a race port and camp out for the entire weekend. They have everything you need, electrical hookups, showers, etc.

I'll bring my smoker and keep a constant supply of my famous bbq going.
i would like to, but i dont think my car will like corners much after i get thru with it. i dont know much about how to get onto that track, but would love to try it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sweet ride man!
thank you. it has been a labor of love.

Asshole.

That was directed at me not you, I am a jealous asshole. Of your car, and the fun day you had.
LMFAO! Thanks.

Cool stuff man. Did the door bars from the new cage give you any problems in hard cornering?
I removed them for the event just to make it easier to get in and out with my instructor. Next time when I go back I will run solo and will leave them in. Will need to install some padding on one part of the door bar but it shouldnt be an issue.

i would like to, but i dont think my car will like corners much after i get thru with it. i dont know much about how to get onto that track, but would love to try it.
going for a full drag setup then? Hallett is just west of tulsa on 412. When you get to the first toll booth you exit off, head south over the toll booth and take the first right (you'll see the sign) and then head west on that road and you'll see the entrance to the track on the north side.

I'm very jealous right now.
:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good lookin pics! I love Hallett! Racing there at Shelby meet every year is the ****!
It is a great track. I'm always amazed at how many people comment on my hallett hat or shirt when i am out of state. The shelby meet is a great event but there are 10 times as many cars on track at any given time compared to other events.

Atom Fest starts tomorrow. One guy showed up in his ariel atom yesterday and he drove it from jersey!!!! Another was coming in from LA. The first year they had it over half of the ariel atoms that were in the US showed up at Hallett. Amazing little cars that are fast as hell around hallett. Mike Hill (a famous drag car and boat racer) got out for a few laps and was turning 1:25's on a damp/cool track. He should have it down to 1:20 for the event if the sun comes out.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
going for a full drag setup then? Hallett is just west of tulsa on 412. When you get to the first toll booth you exit off, head south over the toll booth and take the first right (you'll see the sign) and then head west on that road and you'll see the entrance to the track on the north side.
not full drag, just favors the strait line (i think). it may handle just fine, but i got a feeling its going to have a little more push than normal.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not full drag, just favors the strait line (i think). it may handle just fine, but i got a feeling its going to have a little more push than normal.
Right on. Minus my whipple and it's supporting mods most of my modding decisions start out with the thought process of "what do i need to make this better on the road track and how can I do it so it wont totally take away from random trips to the drag strip." That is why I still have the IRS but it is fully built and why I have been milling over numerous front brake setups in hopes that I can find a skinny front wheel setup that will work with the brake setup I choose. I always have to give up a little somewhere but so far I have kept a pretty well rounded car that is fun on the road track, strip, and street.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your car must be slow if the Focus caught up to you.:tomato
we were pulling into the pits. Actually an SVTF is a great car to drive at Hallett. It is not the best track for an overpowered rwd car especially when it is wet.

I actually have more fun driving my SVTF around the road track than my cobra. It is hard to get into trouble with the SVTF but very easy with the cobra.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts