Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, new member here and figured i would introduce myself. I am from Bucks County Pa, i've always been a mustang fan and back in August i picked up a bone stock 1999 Mustang Gt the day after American Muscles car show in PA. i got it for $2300 with 200,811 miles to get some mechanical experience and to learn stick shift off of it. it needed some work (alternator, spark plugs, bad ground and a leaky thermostat housing) after the maintenance was done i began daily driving it and as of today it sits at 201,435 miles!

I plan to use this thread as a "notebook" for the car. i will update periodically with pictures, new parts, or things that go wrong. so stay tuned!

mileage as of;

[8/18/2013] - 200,813.9
[9/29/2013] - 200,840.5
[10/13/2013]-201,000.0
[10/31/2013]-201,177.7
[11/5/2013] - 201,500.0
[1/22/2014]- 202,304.0
[2/8/2014] - 202,417.5
[3/31/2014] - 202,951.5
[4/29/2014] - 203,490.2
[8/11/2014] - 206,044.4
[3/14/2015] - 207,982.2
[4/11/2017] - 213,000.2
[8/11/2017] - 215,000.0
[4/07/2018] - 215,967.1
[12/09/2018]-217,000.0
[5/19/2019] - 217,211.0
[4/21/2020] - 217,795.0 - end of the factory 2v see page 32
some pictures

it was leaking really bad.

Replacement FRPP intake manifold from none other than American Muscle :)

Found the production date of my motor, May 18th of 1999 baby

and the mileage as of last week

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you! haha i really don't see anything mechanical going wrong anytime soon with it. i am upgrading it here and there, yesterday i installed sequential tail lights from AM and i also ordered Steeda X2 ball joints as the factory ones are shot lol next purchase is shocks & struts which are also the originals..

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Nice pickup & welcome to MM! I'm surprised the factory intake manifold lasted 200k. lol
thank you! im looking forward to seeing what the MM community has to offer and haha yeah i didn't realize how big of an issue the plastic manifold were, it had a hairline crack around the thermostat housing which i think happened when the previous owner changed the thermostat and over tightened the bolts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
As far as shocks and struts, and upgrade parts, check out corral.net as you can often find parts as a highly discounted price still new or close to new. I still need to get those steeda x2 balljoints myself. I have the sequential tails, and you can find a video on youtube to replace the capacitor in the yellow flasher relay box under the drivers side to the right of the steering wheel, it will make the turn signals flash slower and look more like the '10+ GTs.

EDIT: Here's the link for you

·
DOUNVME
386 Posts
where are the factory intakes cracking at, that causes coolant loss?

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
nice car man, Keep the maintenance up on her and she'll treat ya right. my buddy has a 99 GT with full bolt ons with 211xxx miles on her and hes running a 100 shot of nitrous with a heli-coil on one of the spark plugs!!!!Original motor, hes had the car since high school

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome man, awesome mileage and great price! You got that thing for a steal. If you ever run into any issues there are a bunch of people up here that can help you out so don't hesitate to ask!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome! Very clean for a 200k car. These 4.6s are bulletproof for the most part.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks you all for the warm welcome! i can tell this will be a very helpful forum in the future!

also as a member of the forums you will be eligible for a discount code for alot of vendors.
how do i get a discount code?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

nice car man, Keep the maintenance up on her and she'll treat ya right. my buddy has a 99 GT with full bolt ons with 211xxx miles on her and hes running a 100 shot of nitrous with a heli-coil on one of the spark plugs!!!!Original motor, hes had the car since high school
that's awesome! i recently graduated high school worked full time during the summer and found this for sale on my drive to work haha great to hear his is running will full bolt on and nitrous would love to talk to you some more about running nitrous on a 200k motor a mechanic a work wants me to at a track haha

i'm also from Bucks County I live In Bensalem near the Franklin Mills mall.
small world, havent seen to many mustangs around me. i am from the Hilltown/Doylestown area. any local mustang clubs or car meets?

·
Long Lost Co-Founder
1,145 Posts
thank you! haha i really don't see anything mechanical going wrong anytime soon with it. i am upgrading it here and there, yesterday i installed sequential tail lights from AM and i also ordered Steeda X2 ball joints as the factory ones are shot lol next purchase is shocks & struts which are also the originals..

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

thank you! im looking forward to seeing what the MM community has to offer and haha yeah i didn't realize how big of an issue the plastic manifold were, it had a hairline crack around the thermostat housing which i think happened when the previous owner changed the thermostat and over tightened the bolts

Glad you noticed and replaced the bad ball joints. When they fail it's an expensive nightmare if you damage the body panels and other components.

·
Grease Monkey
709 Posts
Welcome to mm!
Congrats on the new edge, I think that's a great price for that mileage.
It's good to see these cars reaching high mileage.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you noticed and replaced the bad ball joints. When they fail it's an expensive nightmare if you damage the body panels and other components.
yeah when i got it inspected i was told i need to replace the ball joints because there are shot. i am also going to replace the shocks and struts as they are factory im thinking of going getting KYB all around dont want to break the bank and have heard decent things about them

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Welcome to mm!
Congrats on the new edge, I think that's a great price for that mileage.
It's good to see these cars reaching high mileage.
thanks! and yeah i was skeptical at first but when i drove it i knew the drive line was solid!

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,179 Posts
thanks you all for the warm welcome! i can tell this will be a very helpful forum in the future!

how do i get a discount code?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

After you reach 50 posts, you can private message the american muscle & late model restoration reps for the discount codes. We aren't allowed to give them out so that they don't circulate to the rest of the interwebs.

1 - 20 of 642 Posts