Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I bought a 2009 crown Vic motor out of a detectives crown Vic with only 71000 miles on it what is all needed to swap into my 2v mustang please for the love of god don’t tell me that I have to swap injectors can I use crown Vic injectors stuff I know I need to swap so far
Oil pan
Intake throttle body
All engine accessories water pump alternator etc
What else to complete this and can someone tell me if I have to screw with injectors please thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi so I bought a 2009 crown Vic motor out of a detectives crown Vic with only 71000 miles on it what is all needed to swap into my 2v mustang please for the love of god don’t tell me that I have to swap injectors can I use crown Vic injectors stuff I know I need to swap so far
Oil pan
Intake throttle body
All engine accessories water pump alternator etc
What else to complete this and can someone tell me if I have to screw with injectors please thank you!
About the injectors, if the Vic has flex fuel you'll have to swap your injectors for the mustang ones.

As far as the swap goes basically take everything off the mustang engine and put it on the crown Vic, pulleys, valve covers, and accessories. I'm not 100% sure you have to swap the valve covers though, I did on mine because the valve covers on the engine I used were damaged. When you're done the crown Vic engine should look exactly the mustangs engine once you're done. I do recommend buying new gaskets. I needed an oil filter adapter gasket as well Intake/valve covers gaskets and rear main seal.

What's the issue with the injectors though? Are the mustang ones damaged? I just did the swap using a 07 grand marquis engine and it's pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About the injectors, if the Vic has flex fuel you'll have to swap your injectors for the mustang ones.

As far as the swap goes basically take everything off the mustang engine and put it on the crown Vic, pulleys, valve covers, and accessories. I'm not 100% sure you have to swap the valve covers though, I did on mine because the valve covers on the engine I used were damaged. When you're done the crown Vic engine should look exactly the mustangs engine once you're done. I do recommend buying new gaskets. I needed an oil filter adapter gasket as well Intake/valve covers gaskets and rear main seal.

What's the issue with the injectors though? Are the mustang ones damaged? I just did the swap using a 07 grand marquis engine and it's pretty straightforward.
Nothing is wrong with my injectors I will buy new rear main seal and valve cover gaskets already bought new radiator thermostat and hoses

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nothing is wrong with my injectors I will buy new rear main seal and valve cover gaskets already bought new radiator thermostat and hoses
Oh ok cool, to keep things simple just use your mustang's rails and injectors and you should be good

·
Registered
7 Posts
Full list of everything I need to use from mustang that you did please?
A full list? Yikes! Lol I'm only saying that because I had help from a much more experienced mechanic and he did do some work while I wasnt there. Lol but put it like this, the only thing that should be left from the Vic is the block, heads, Intake if you're using it (I used the one from my mustang because the new one was cracked lol) ALL accessories (water pump, ac compressor, etc) as well as sensors are to be swapped from the mustangs engine. Im pretty sure mechanic swapped the pulleys as well. Remember that the PCM is going to look for everything that was on the Mustang. Trust me when I say it's a lot less complicated than it sounds.

I'm not 100% sure on the oil cooler though, I remember seeing a thread when I was doing research for my swap, I'll try to find it again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When you're done your crown Vic engine should look almost exactly the same as the mustang

Grand marquis engine before

After

Can't even tell the difference from the original engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts