Modded Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2010 mustang GT. It had 80 miles on it when I purchased it and now has around 500. I average 12.5MPG...is this normal?

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
you're getting used to the car, and i can guarantee you have your foot in it....ALOT.
it's alright though, because EVERYONE did the same exact thing when they first got there stang. :p

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
no...i average 18-20 in the city when i be nice to the throttle....

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Its probably your "93 Race Tune" then... A tune like that is going to change the amount of gas you burn.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
op has a 93 race tune?
then thats the probelm!
on mine i get like.....9 mpg. hahahahaha

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
I wasn't paying attention to what I typed, I saw the sig above my previous post and reading that I typed it in my response. Ment to say, if you have a "Tune" Depending on what it is, performance or otherwise, that may be your gas consumption problem. Sorry to confuse you OP if you read that.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i think once the motor is broke in more it will get much better

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm getting 20.2 in my 2010 GT as of today, I travel about 27 miles to and from work on roads that don't exceed 55. I run the "Performance" tune by Bama using 93 octane, prior to the tune I was getting 18-19 mpg.

I would hope you'd be getting ALOT better than 12.5, even if you stomp it all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Closing this thread because OP hasn't been in this thread since he started it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.