Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in car and driver or motortrend cant remember which one, but appearently Ford is thinking of bringing the 5.0 liter back. Does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
I hope it's true!

FWIW, the 5.0L cammer is not a stroker, it's a bigbore 3.70" bore with stock 4.6L stroke.

Mod motors alerady have a lot of stroke. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW

heh, also in 2012 they are supposed to release an all new 7.0 or bigger PUSHROD motor that they are now testing in professional drag racing. Testing is being done WITH ford racing so there WILL be aftermarket support once it comes out. Word is that is runs off E85, dual injectors, individual TB's, makes over 900 horse N/A, and has run a proven 9.36 N/A, just ask don bowles! Also might be getting stuck in the all mighty stang! BRING IT ON!!:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Eh ...never thought we would have a Ford Camaro - looks awful similar to me. What happened to that 6.2L hurricane pushrod motor ford was supposed to come out with?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
heh, also in 2012 they are supposed to release an all new 7.0 or bigger PUSHROD motor that they are now testing in professional drag racing. Testing is being done WITH ford racing so there WILL be aftermarket support once it comes out. Word is that is runs off E85, dual injectors, individual TB's, makes over 900 horse N/A, and has run a proven 9.36 N/A, just ask don bowles! Also might be getting stuck in the all mighty stang! BRING IT ON!!:D
if ur refering to the boss/hurricane motor, its ohc, not pushrod
Ford Boss engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Roush Racing is currently field testing an experimental, large displacement version of the Boss engine code named "777" (7.0 L, 700 hp @ 7,000 rpm) at National Mustang Racers Association (NMRA) events around the United States. The 777 Boss is naturally aspirated and runs on e85 biofuel."
that what u were refering to?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
That is some of the funniest **** I've heard in a long time. A production engine making 900hp n/a and running on E85. :lmao

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
That is some of the funniest **** I've heard in a long time. A production engine making 900hp n/a and running on E85. :lmao
Me thinks he's talking about that 7.0L SOHC Boss. :confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
either way all they did in 2010 was add their new cold air intake which bumped it up to 315 hp......the v6 camaro is gonna have 300......

kinda disappointing

chanllenger 425 hp
camaro 422 hp
mustang 315 hp

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
whatever happened with them talking about doing a Twin Turbo V6 or something...to meet the gas standards.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
either way all they did in 2010 was add their new cold air intake which bumped it up to 315 hp......the v6 camaro is gonna have 300......

kinda disappointing

chanllenger 425 hp
camaro 422 hp
mustang 315 hp
Don't forget all Camaros will get a 6 speed standard; choice of six-speed transmissions: manual or TAPshift automatic.

Not sure about the V6, but I know the V8 gets IRS standard, too.

The Camaro has two versions of the LSx 6.2L V8 - a 400hp with Active Fuel Management with six-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift to achieve 23 mpg highway and a 422hp version.

The 300 HP V6 starts at $22k and gets 27mpg's per the chevy website.

The SS Coupe 1SS starts at $30,995 and the SS Coupe 2SS starts at $34,180.

This car will be no slouch. :no

·
Registered
593 Posts
Given the economic state, the fact that they're almost bankrupt, and the fact that gas prices will probably go through the roof again in a few years, I highly doubt it. Throw all these things together, and the horsepower wars will probably become a thing of the past...:(

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Given the economic state, the fact that they're almost bankrupt, and the fact that gas prices will probably go through the roof again in a few years, I highly doubt it. Throw all these things together, and the horsepower wars will probably become a thing of the past...:(
The cars that are out for 2009-2012 don't suggest any backing out of the HP wars. :no

Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, 370Z's, WRX STI's, GTR's, and the list goes on. :yes

Heck, most of these cars even with high HP still get great highway mpg's. So that really puts the strain more on the truck and SUV market IMHO.

And, gas prices in TN are hovering around $1.46-$1.56 a gallon for 87 octane. That will really keep people in the mood for buying big HP (400-422hp) cars with 6 speeds trans that still knock down 23mpg's or even the smaller 300hp cars that knock down 26-27mpg's. :yes

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
wow, im started to get really upset with ford and the mustang. a 400hp factory mustang gt with irs would be sweet.
The new V6 370Z from Nissan has 332hp and runs 13.3-13.4 in every test I've read and seen on video online.

We'll be modding to keep up with stock brand-x cars in 2010-2012. :yes

1 - 20 of 43 Posts