Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Attention Grabber
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got a huge question!!
I've just recently paid off my 2001 Mustang and wanna make some huge upgrades to her, I have $13000 dedicated to her but the other day i saw a gorgeous Flat Black 2010 Mustang GT and I literally **** my pants! So here it is, should i just spend my moneys and get a 2010 or upgrade my 2001, she just hit 90,000 miles but runs just great. The only upgrade I've done recently is a CAI. Just would like some good suggestions, im not the greatest with working on cars but ive got the itch to do more with her. Oh and im new to MM!! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Welcome to MM LAStang. If you really want a GT you could wait till 2011 when the GT gets the new 5.0 and 400 horses. But its all in what you want and can afford.

If I were in your situation I would continue to save up and buy a 2011 GT. Just keep the sixxer in stock form as best as you can, and keep everything up todate.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Wait for 2011. You dont want to get that 010 and be kicking yourself in the ass for not waiting. Trust me its a horrible feeling. If it turns out they dont put in the 5.0 then whatever just get that 010 or a cobra or something. Plus man dont waste your $ on modding a V6. Trust me its just not worth it in the end for a lot of reasons unless you are serious about it and are willing to go through a lot of headaches.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Save and wait. Plus, the '10s will be cheaper in a year too.

·
Banned
636 Posts
LOL @ the person that left negitive feedback for me on this thread. I wish you had the balls to say that to my face. And if you notice my advice is that with everyone elses. So are you saying my advice is bad just because you dont like me?

Kids.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Sorry to sidetrack but the rep system is a joke and is abused. Little girls dont like it when they are wrong and wont admit it. Sorry if you dont like the truth.

Reactions: NorCalWhtHrse

·
Banned
636 Posts
I would take that 13 grand and buy an 01 Cobra. or save a bit and buy a Terminator.
uhhh ..... thats ok advice IMO however I would go right for the terminator. If it were me I would use the 13k for the downpayment and finance the rest.

The 03/04 cobra is by FAR superior to the 01 cobra. At least in terms of power and ability to make even MORE power cheaper.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I doubt there are many Terminators around his parts. I checked craigslist and only found one 01 Cobra and no terminators for sale. I agree though, I would really just get the terminator in the first place. If he sells his v6 and tosses the 13k on top of it; he won't be paying much back for the loan he gets. Maybe 5k or so.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Yea, but then he would have to fly/drive to where ever the car is, inspect it, fly/swim back, and eat all of those expenses just to look at the car.

·
Banned
267 Posts
yay a guy locally here, bought a 03 cobra from a dealership and had it shipped. Never flew to look at it or anything. Carmax does stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts