Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so ****ing pissed right now.taking everything off was fine and installing the lights was easy but putting the bottom radiator cover and fender wells on is a bitch.

the cover was missing some **** and was already hanging down in places so now i gotta buy nuts and bolts to put it back on.the fender well push in screws are not going back in and i have no idea how to get them back on.

now on to the lights themselves.i cannot see dick.they look great but visibility is at 20%.i have tried adjusting the lights but nothing seems to work and the high beams are the same brightness as the regular.

FURIOUS!

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
butters.. i realize I have an 07 but.. putting those covers back on is easy.. I assume you mean you need some of those plastic pop screw things. I got mine free at a dealer.. no one carries em but most have em laying around. Check that out tomorrow at your local Ford. As for the radiator cover, the fasteners holding it on are ****! Again.. I went to a Ford dealer (same one) and they "upgraded" my screws for free. Good ****.

As for seeing, I assume you got the smoked ones. No, visibility cuks complete ass. If you bought from AM, I assume you did, I called and bitched (not really bitched but.. said im not happy).. turns out, they dont actually come with the Raxion bulbs. Dude sent em to me for free. 10x more visibility now BUT... BUT.. with the smoked halos.. I HAVE TO.. have my fogs on.. otherwise, I might as well have someone just walk in front of my car to make sure I dont hit anything. I got the halo smoked fogs too but, I have a Roush so I got myself a 2nd set of fogs down there at the bottom. For you, if you got the upper fogs, just use them as headlughts... all I can tell you.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no fog lights at all

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have them adjusted a little better now so i can see but ill be getting the upgraded bulbs for sure

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
i have them adjusted a little better now so i can see but ill be getting the upgraded bulbs for sure

Post up a pic with the lights on. I wanna see how dim they are.

I usually put new push pins in every time I pull the fenders. I just get some from autozone. Just find some the same size. I probably have 3-4 different kind of push pins holding my fender well in. I found the Christmas tree looking ones actually work the best (easiest to just jam them in there) and just pry them out and replace them when I have to pull the fender.

I don't think my lower "splash guard" thingy is even on the car, but I'm not positive. I guess I'll have to go look but I think I forgot to put it back on one time and just said screw it. I don't think it is really protecting anything but I'm not sure if it has any aerodynamic function.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

i have them adjusted better now but id still like to get better bulbs.im not sure what bulbs came with them though so i dont know what to upgrade to.i dont want hids,just a better h9 bulb

·
Registered
13,628 Posts

i have them adjusted better now but id still like to get better bulbs.im not sure what bulbs came with them though so i dont know what to upgrade to.i dont want hids,just a better h9 bulb
Wow, those don't throw out much light at all. But did you expect a lot of light out of a pair of smoked projector lights? I'm not a big fan of halo's anyways but I don't think my expectations would be very high on a set of aftermarket lights designed for style over functionality. I'm sure some better bulbs will help though. Might want to think about hooking back up your fogs.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Haha, this is why I am leaving my headlights and taillights alone! The problem is the halo's.....lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought some hidden fog brackets

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
Dont you have a Roush bumper? It has insets for lower fogs.. look at my sig.. see I have 4 fog lights?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no roush bumper.i have it setup fine now,i can see and will be getting the brackets for the fogs behind the grille

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
When i had halos on the 03 with tint i upgraded the bulbs and they bubbled and melted on the low beam on the way to myrtle beach. Still couldnt see **** in the first place tho. I just put the sylvania zxe(i think) in my headlight and dont see a big difference. Ill see how it does when i smoke the lenses

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got a set of these for $35 brand new! I'm trying to decide if I wanna keep them and put em on or not...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Get some 4300K HID kit. It's the only way you will be able to get any light output. I know they say not to install HID's on these lights, but it will work. I have seen for myself in person how much better adding HID's to those projector style lights make. My 2 cents.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts