Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating on getting a camaro. Im wondering if I should get one or not. I will not be trading in the mustang but i would like to know if its a good idea.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Well, since you plan on keeping the Mustang, there really is not point in having both. If it was me, I'd sell the sixxer and get a new 5.0 Mustang and forget about the new Camaro all together. And this is coming from a Camaro fanboy. Of the three (the sixxer you have, new Camaro, new 5.0 GT) the GT is the fastest. The new Camaros are EVERYWHERE now. Kind of getting annoying. I bet I've seen maybe 4 of the new 5.0 GT's in my town since they came out. I see 4 new Camaros in the parking lot of work right now. I never thought I would consider the Mustang a unique car when compared to a Camaro, but it's the case this year. And this is just my opinion, but I think the new Mustang looks a little bit better than the new Camaro.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Mustang is a better car in every aspect. If they could drop 400 or so pounds from the Camaro it would be a much better contendor. The only thing the Camaro really has over the GT is standard Brembo's vs optional Brembos; that and I think the LS3 is cheaper to mod being OHV.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
rk_2000_Z/28, that's weird. I hardly see any new Camaros (well, I also hardly see any new Mustangs as well)...I guess its just relative to your location

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
The Mustang is a better car in every aspect. If they could drop 400 or so pounds from the Camaro it would be a much better contendor. The only thing the Camaro really has over the GT is standard Brembo's vs optional Brembos; that and I think the LS3 is cheaper to mod being OHV.
You pretty much stated every thing I believe about the new Camaro. I used to be a diehard fan, but the flaws are starting to show. Just like anything I suppose.

rk_2000_Z/28, that's weird. I hardly see any new Camaros (well, I also hardly see any new Mustangs as well)...I guess its just relative to your location
Oh man, they are every where here. I wasn't joking about 4 being in the parking lot here at work. I'm sitting in the front of the studio looking out the front glass. Now granted that is kind of a freak accurance. But, I can't go a day without seeing at least 5 or 6 on the road just going from home to work. Funny thing is, I can't get a single one to do a quick run on the street.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I was going to blow $25k on a second car I would get a used Corvette. My uncle just drove to North Carolina for a 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Z06 C5 Vette. 6k miles and he stole it for $26k.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
/\ Damn.

At my age, insurance would rape my paycheck. If I was....30 or older, I would go for that.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
all depends on what you like I guess..To me I am not a big fan of the new Camaro look and isnt something I would own..visibility is very poor, it is heavy, its a big car. the SS isnt all that much faster then the 4.6 GT
I have a 2010 GT my buddy got a 2010 SS 6speed. We have run them a few times and we have basically same mods and he only has me by 1/4 of a fender or so.
I just like the sleeker look of the mustang more

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
The new camaro isn't too great... My dad has one and the way you sit inside just sucks... Can't see out the windows for crap and interior isn't too my liking.. But I suppose if you like them, get one

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
The new camaro isn't too great... My dad has one and the way you sit inside just sucks... Can't see out the windows for crap and interior isn't too my liking.. But I suppose if you like them, get one
+1 my thoughts exactly. When I first saw one I dodnt think they were too bad...then I saw the inside and sat in one. The interior layout sucks and in looks cheap inside. That along with being hard to see out of, slow and heavy...and I second that the Camaros are EVERYWHERE around where I live...I would definately sell the 6er and get a 5.0 if I were you. JMO

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow resurrecting threads :) Pretty sure they made a choice.

I have owned both a 2010 SS for a year and a 2012 5.0 for 3 months now.

The 5.0 is faster and the interior quality is better on the Camaro.
They both have little quirks. You get used to the visibility but have to stay adamant on the highway in the Camaro.
They are not 10k over the Mustang but pretty dang near the exact same cost. Someone was smoking crack during the pricing conversation.

With all that said I am 100% happy with the Mustang. It was a great choice for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts