Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what ive gathered the new 5.0's suspension and handling has improved 10x. My brother in law had an 07 v6 stang and in the lightest rain the ass used to get squirmy.

We did a 180 making a turn at 15mph on light throttle.

How is the new 5.0 in the rain?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well...can't really vouch for the 5.0!

but with all that power...rear wheel drive....probably not so great in the rain! Mustangs and rain don't mix to well!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Mustangs do fine in the rain. Just don't try and do anything crazy and you should be fine.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
They feel fine as long as you don't go past 50% throttle, which you shouldn't be anyway, you're perfectly fine. If you knew about the weather down here that hit last night, I was driving in it for a little period of time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They feel fine as long as you don't go past 50% throttle, which you shouldn't be anyway, you're perfectly fine. If you knew about the weather down here that hit last night, I was driving in it for a little period of time.
Of course i dont go more then %50 in my f250 lol, It just bothers me because his car felt like it had slicks on it when it rained lol.

EDIT: that sig is hilarious!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Any car is going to be "fine" in rain if you drive it cautiously...

but the rear wheel drive and that power won't be a benefit! lol but look at it, almost everyone on here DD's their stang and just learns how to drive it in the rain...you will be fine!

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
tires make a big difference in performance on wet roads, too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot fir the advice, If i had more exprience with mustangs i wouldnt bug so much.

Rather then me making another thread, Does anyone have a WOTBOX installed...How is it?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Been driving in the rain all day. As long as you leave traction control on it drives like any other car making 400 to the wheels :D

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I've driven 70-80mph in the rain. As long as you do something stupid, you'll be fine. As some one said, tires make a big difference in the rain. As long as you have some good tread and it's not a DR, you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
They handle fine in the rain. The hardest part is knowing my detail job has gone to crap

·
Registered
358 Posts
It rained heavily here the other day and again today and I had no issues whatsoever. I drive on the highway to and from work and doing 75 in the rain on wet roads with lots of wind I felt no wiggling or looseness from the rear at all. Accelerating on to the highway I did not get loose at all. I was actually pleasantly surprised. So far, she has handled fantasticly. Of course, I have the Brembo package with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, so the regular GT may not handle as well. You also have traction control and electronic stabilty control.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
From what ive gathered the new 5.0's suspension and handling has improved 10x. My brother in law had an 07 v6 stang and in the lightest rain the ass used to get squirmy.

We did a 180 making a turn at 15mph on light throttle.

How is the new 5.0 in the rain?
That's not the car. That's the driver.

If you can drive well, no car should ever get away from you like that. Unless you drive a Chevrolet Corvair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's fine in the rain. Does ok in snow too. I even drove my 03 cobra (600+rwhp) in rain and snow...never had any problems.

If you are sliding around in the rain, you are doing it wrong.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
It's fine in the rain. Does ok in snow too. I even drove my 03 cobra (600+rwhp) in rain and snow...never had any problems.

If you are sliding around in the rain, you are doing it wrong.
+1

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
little rain, lots of rain--same difference. Drive safe!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts