Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After class today I decided to take a little drive to check out the new dragstrip that they had just finished renovating. On my way back, I got behind a red 2013/14 Charger RT at a light, didn't think anything of it. We take off, I do very slowly to not pull any attention towards me from the cop sitting at the intersection.

He is headed the same way I am on a 2 lane and I just cruise by him. The road comes down to a 45mph limit so I down shifted into 5th and when he heard he, he floored it past me for a second then stopped. I wasn't going to speed in this area, so I waited.

It goes back to a 65 and he was driving under that, so I go to pass him in 5th and as soon as I get next to him, he floors it.

I rev-match and drop it down into 3rd and hit it. Car is skating around a little bit and it finally hooks and I start pulling hard. Nail 4th and rev it out a little bit and it kept getting worse so I stopped. Him and his brofriend pull up again smiling ear to ear and check out my car.

My car is simple:
Bassani axle backs
Lethal O/R X
Lund Tune

His car was more than likely stock, I couldn't hear it, especially over my car.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Lol I've put 2 and a half car lengths on a r/t challenger with a 3v. I haven't seen one that I've been really impressed with

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they are pigs for sure. BUT DEY GOT DEM A HEMI

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya way to heavy... im sure you made him feel dumb though sounds like he enjoys driving like an ass
He started to go like 85 in a 65 after so I would agree with your statement.

Eh, it's all in fun I'm sure. Just enjoy the win.
Seems like every time I post a story on here, there is always someone like you posting in it. I will "just enjoy the win" guy, thanks for that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
He started to go like 85 in a 65 after so I would agree with your statement.

Seems like every time I post a story on here, there is always someone like you posting in it. I will "just enjoy the win" guy, thanks for that.
Yeah why not enjoy it? After all, you're agreeing to him driving stupid, but you took the bait, so therefor you might as well enjoy it or why do it?

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Him driving stupid as in going 20 over in a residential road... Me driving stupid on the highway with nobody but him and I around versus him doing 20 over in a 45 is a little different.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all good. Your avatar makes it up for you :lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice kill

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wanna run into a newer challenger or charger rt with my 3v but they are rare around these parts. Makes me wanna buy one and make it fast.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I wanna run into a newer challenger or charger rt with my 3v but they are rare around these parts. Makes me wanna buy one and make it fast.
Isn't that an oxymoron?

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Lol I've put 2 and a half car lengths on a r/t challenger with a 3v. I haven't seen one that I've been really impressed with
A stock (i hope) 3v barely put a car length on my ram today. Take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
843 Posts
A stock (i hope) 3v barely put a car length on my ram today. Take it for what it's worth.
Dude, my old 3V would lay waste to 392's and 6.1L's never mind 5.7L cars/trucks. The 392 was good competition once he got going, but from a dig, I tore his ass up. Now I can't even get 392's to play with me since I've had my LS3 Camaro. I remember I was called out by a guy with a full exhaust, CAI custom tune Hemi Ram that was lowered. Looked sick too. My 3V at the time had only a base SCT tune, CAI and o/r h-pipe. I have this video still and well, the results speak loud and clear. Mopar cars are too damn heavy to haul ass, with the Hellcat being the lone exception. Of course, they had to slap a blower on it to do it. If you can't beat them, join them I say.

:wink2:

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Dude, my old 3V would lay waste to 392's and 6.1L's never mind 5.7L cars/trucks. The 392 was good competition once he got going, but from a dig, I tore his ass up. Now I can't even get 392's to play with me since I've had my LS3 Camaro. I remember I was called out by a guy with a full exhaust, CAI custom tune Hemi Ram that was lowered. Looked sick too. My 3V at the time had only a base SCT tune, CAI and o/r h-pipe. I have this video still and well, the results speak loud and clear. Mopar cars are too damn heavy to haul ass, with the Hellcat being the lone exception. Of course, they had to slap a blower on it to do it. If you can't beat them, join them I say.

:wink2:
It is what it is man, I don't need to lie on the Internet to impress anyone. I know dodge cars are fat. I didn't buy them to be quick. Also so I'm not mistaken the 3v are 05-10 right?

He was an auto/vert. Of coarse he has a nice sticker mod that said "here hemi, hemi, hemi" lol

How much quicker are they than the 2v new edge? Cause my 15 charger has eatin them up. I'll also be willing to go for it with anyone. I think it's fun no matter what.

Ps. I'm in full mustang search again for a toy

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

We were also on highway already moving a good rate. :dunno I down shifted from 8th to 5th and went. Can't speak for him other than I heard his car over mine with windows up.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
It is what it is man, I don't need to lie on the Internet to impress anyone. I know dodge cars are fat. I didn't buy them to be quick. Also so I'm not mistaken the 3v are 05-10 right?

He was an auto/vert. Of coarse he has a nice sticker mod that said "here hemi, hemi, hemi" lol

How much quicker are they than the 2v new edge? Cause my 15 charger has eatin them up. I'll also be willing to go for it with anyone. I think it's fun no matter what.

Ps. I'm in full mustang search again for a toy

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

We were also on highway already moving a good rate. :dunno I down shifted from 8th to 5th and went. Can't speak for him other than I heard his car over mine with windows up.

3v and 2v stock for stock are pretty damn close

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
3v and 2v stock for stock are pretty damn close

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Then idk what these guys are talking about. I've watched both stock. And a 392 is a mid 12 second car and the 3v are mid 13. :dunno

I don't want no coyote tho haha

Anyone can have a fast car don't mean they will win a race.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I didn't post that to say my 3v was fast. I was posting it to say it was slow and it still beat the R/T. I can only imagine what a 5.0 would do to it.

As for a mustang search, the s197 platform is pretty solid. You won't make the same power as a coyote, part for part, but they are reliable. The interior and ride are worlds better than the new edge. Mine has been a great DD for me. Knocking on 149,000 miles and going strong.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I didn't post that to say my 3v was fast. I was posting it to say it was slow and it still beat the R/T. I can only imagine what a 5.0 would do to it.

As for a mustang search, the s197 platform is pretty solid. You won't make the same power as a coyote, part for part, but they are reliable. The interior and ride are worlds better than the new edge. Mine has been a great DD for me. Knocking on 149,000 miles and going strong.
Yeah, I'm not a new edge guy. Unless the right one came to me (Mach or cobra haha)

I'll probably get a fox, because I want to build it for track use and like to keep initial cost low.

I'm not saying anyone's claiming their car is fast or not. Fast is different for everyone. And I was commenting more on the 8speeds over the 6. I know they made a bit of difference in the pigs. (Plus the charger is technically the wifes and to her it's fast lol)

I'm just confused with people's comments of putting lengths on something when numbers, proven track numbers not dodges numbers show it another way. Unless it's poor driving vs good driving.

Either way I'll be getting a time slip of mine in the next couple weeks, then I can either post it up or never bring it up again :lmao

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

The comment I was referring to was the 3v vs the srt or what ever.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts