Modded Mustang Forums banner

2011 daytona 500 pace car

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Bsully1083 
#1 ·
Frontier Ford in San jose has one, and I am going to pick it up today, however I thought it would be a good idea to ask here on the forums if the price they are asking for is a fair price to pay. They are asking a little over 32000 for the vehicle, and it is new, with only 250 miles on it (due to test drives I assume). I do understand that it has a limited edition nature, however 32k does seem a little steep. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and the sooner the better. I hope to pick it up within the next 2 hours.

#5 ·
I am going to guess someone was confused about the price... No pics and no response.

Wow just looked on their website and sure as **** it's there. Going to go out on a limb and say it's a killer deal.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I wonder if he bought it because I just sent it to a bud who made an offer on a Shelby yesterday evening. Pretty sure he is calling.. I will post if I hear back.

#9 · (Edited)
I did indeed buy it, and its sitting in my garage now. I'm now well into the hole on money, but I am very very happy. I paid the 32000 they were asking and financed the vehicle after a 17k down payment. Sorry it took so long to post a reply, was a little busy cruising and getting a feel for the vehicle. It's my first muscle car, after driving imports and bmw's :)

#11 · (Edited)
Phone pictures coming, when i grab a digital camera tomorrow, I'll post some better ones.

And here they are. Have to love 4g phones. They took off the daytona sticker from the door, and the "Official Pace Car" lettering from the rear fenders. Don't know why, But I mean to ask them about it next time I am in there. I would like to put those on. Not a big sticker fan, but I'm sort of paying for the stickers in a way... I think.. :)?

#13 ·
I would much rather have it without the door stickers, rear quarter stickers. It would look that much better without the side stripes gone as well. I never really liked these cars but without the stickers on your car it looks great. Get rid of the side stripes and it would be perfect in my eyes.

What I would do is request that they get you another set of the stickers if possible. This would be even better than them being on the car. Why? Those stickers will destroy themselves with any time. If you're thinking they are important for value than my idea is perfect. If you sell the car as some sort of collectible either put them on or include them with the sale. This is just my opinion though.

#15 ·
I agree with the deletion of the side stripes as well, however I want to keep the car looking exactly like new so as to keep the collectors value of it. Possible resale later on down the road when (hopefully) It is worth more money. As for the stickers, I am going to ask them to order them for me considering they were supposed to be on the vehicle they shouldnt charge me but who knows. I think your idea to leave them off to keep them undamaged is great and that's probably what I am going to do. The "Mustang 5.0" Sticker that sits on the drivers side of the hood I would like to put on though.

Does that have the Ford Racing suspension? Looks like stock ride height?
Excerpt from 2011 Mustang GT Daytona 500 Pace Car

"The one-of-a-kind race red 2011 Mustang GT coupe will feature a special Daytona 500 paint scheme, Ford Racing suspension, strut tower brace and mufflers, unique painted wheels, and special interior treatment, including specially branded lit sill plates."

This edition that I picked up is sort of different. Its a California Edition of the 2010 pace car, so I am not sure if it does indeed have the Ford Racing suspension. It also seems to be lacking the unique painted wheels. I asked the dealership about the wheels earlier and they said that the California Edition of the pace car came with the regular GT rims, which I was quite upset about. However, it does have a Roush stage 3 exhaust, the strut brace, and the sill plates.

Sorry for the wall of text :sorry

#16 ·
Gratz on the new car, I'm torn on the extra decals. I can see not wanting them on the car for the reasons Nasty mentions, but it is the pace car and the decals kinda add to it. As long as they can order a set for you so you can ultimately decide then that would be fine. I'd be curious to know why they took them off without your consent though.

I wonder if they weren't really stickers/decals but rather those cling type decals like oil shops stick on the inside of your windshield? :dunno

#17 ·
They took them off long before I ever got a look at the car. I don't even know the exact date or even a rough time frame as for when they came off. Assuming I can get the decal stickers, anybody know if it's possible that it will be worth a decent chunk of money later down the line if I keep the mileage low?

Oh, BTR-75, this link is to a youtube video that shows the creation of the vehicle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.