Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fella's.

Today i had the privilege to test drive a pre owned 2011 Auto GT. It was bone stock. ****ing awesome ride. I have to ask you guys, how much faster is the 6 speed Manual with a decent driver?

I consider myself a pretty good driver, been driving stick for the past 10+ years. I'm FAR from the best, and honestly i'm leaning towards an Auto. I work 10+ hours a day, so Manual is getting old lol. My current GT is roughly 320rwhp, with 4.30 gears and 285's out back. I love my car, but i just want that Coyote!!!!!!!!!! Plus my car is an 05, so it's kinda beat up and as a DD it is quite bruised and scratched.

Now one thing to point out, i'm looking for the cheapest 5.0... I don't want Brembo's, or Leather..... I'll take a shitty interior and stock brakes. I NEVER go over 120mph also if that helps. The car will see Daily Driver use... If you guys can give me a run down of a 2011/2012 GT as a daily driver, i appreciate it!!

PS i got around $10,000 to drop on a car in mid February, so yeah it is gonna happen hopefully. I already got offers for my 2005.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Burton a tuned auto will be just as good If not better than a manual. On the new 5.0s, I'd get an auto because mt-82s blow. If it had a 6069, manual it'd be haha

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you've been driving stick for 10+ years than I would get whatever is comfortable. I just recommend manual since you get more of a "drivers experience", but I feel like you went through all that.

You will love the Coyote!

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Burton= pussy! With a ****ing manual you ****.
Lmao. I know, trust me man. BUT that Auto shifted awesome and it felt very VERY good. As it is my car doesn't "hook" and i'm pretty much down on power compared to the car i drove. That ****ing car would MURDER my car 0-100mph, it just hooked and WENT.

Manual is fun, but i have the habit of STOMPING the gas when i shift into 2nd gear which = loose rear end lol.

IDK....time will tell.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I\I just recommend manual since you get more of a "drivers experience"

You will love the Coyote!
^ This...

I got it with the manual, it's notchy, and people talk a lot of ish about the MT82, but I don't regret it (yet).. Wish it had a Tremec though from all the stuff I read. I'm hoping a shifter bracket will help.

But to answer your questions I feel like the auto would be smoother and quicker..

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ This...

I got it with the manual, it's notchy, and people talk a lot of ish about the MT82, but I don't regret it (yet).. Wish it had a Tremec though from all the stuff I read. I'm hoping a shifter bracket will help.

But to answer your questions I feel like the auto would be smoother and quicker..
Thank you Sir.

Trust me, i know about "notchy" lol. When my car is cold, i HAVE TO shift @ 3,000rpms, any lower it grinds and is harsh.

If i go to bang 2nd gear really fast............grind!!! I need to wait a bit before putting it in 2nd @ WOT...

What i do love about these newer Stangs in "Auto" is that they are 6 speed Autos. That in itself is awesome!

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
I don't mind my mt82 at all. Little notchy when cold, but my tremec 3650 in my mach 1 was the same way.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Even the base interior isn't a shitty interior. Sure it's doesn't have a lot of features but it's still a quality interior. I have no issues with squeaks and rattles like GM and Dodge's inferior competing cars.
Stock brakes have more stopping power than 90% of everything else on the road they're more than sufficient for daily driving.

It's personal choice as to manual or auto in these cars. I've always had a manual and wouldn't buy a sports car without it, but again, it's all personal preference.

I've already had my MT82 replaced one time at ~23k miles and am having issues with the second one and I'm only at 44k miles. Would I choose an auto if I were to do it over again? No. I do know that in the next few years I'll be pulling the MT82 out in exchange for a T56 XL however.

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
If you don't mind catching **** from everyone everywhere you go about being a pussy. I won't rag on auto because I have DDs with them but I knew my 5.0 would be a toy so there was no question I wanted a manual. I kind of see you as someone who loves to grab that knob in your hand and jerk it back and forth but it's your call. BTW you look like Kurt Russell.

·
It'll be bout tree fiddy
3,429 Posts
My 11 GT is my daily driver and I love it!

Gas mileage isn't bad in the city (I can usually manage 17-19 MPG city if I can keep my foot out of it) and I've seen well into the 20 MPG range a couple of times on longer highway drives.

As for the question about manual vs auto: Mine is a manual and I wouldn't have it any other way. I sold fords for almost a year and drove plenty of other 5.0's, automatic and manual. I definitely prefer the stick shift in my car and any other 5.0 I get behind the wheel of. Maybe it's just me, but the automatic just didn't feel like it responded as well to what I told it to do as the manual (going with the whole "driving experience" deal). The only time I don't like my manual is if I'm stuck in traffic lol.

That's my 2 cents! But, whichever way you go, you're going to love you coyote when you get a hold of it!

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
I'd go manual, I can't picture myself ever being satisfied with an auto. The clutch and shifter in the 11+ GTs are supposed to be silky smooth too.

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
I'd go manual, I can't picture myself ever being satisfied with an auto. The clutch and shifter in the 11+ GTs are supposed to be silky smooth too.
I wouldn't call it silk, it's more like soft cotton. 2nd to 3rd with my stock shifter wasn't great but luckily I haven't had and problems with the clutch sticking to the floor. Oh yeah +1 on manual for looks.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I personally could not own a automatic sports car unless it was specifically for bracket racing. Banging gears just never gets old for me. Whatever you decide I am sure you will love the new car. I am amazed at the power they put out and how well they respond to mods.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mines obviously manual (no autos for the boss). While I love the manual, I won't lie there are times I wish it was an auto, but I would still prolly get a manual.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I have to say like others, its a personal choice. The auto is a great trans. Beefcake runs one (with close to 1000+ HP DD, mind you) as well as Casper and UDEAFBRO. Just because its an auto doesn't meen its not a sick ride.

If you do get a manual, get a shifter bracket first thing. You'll need one.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts