Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hired by a local Ford dealership to paint correct a vehicle that I previously did some spot work on. The owner my client Matt was in an accident (not his fault) and took the vehicle into get repaired by them and unfortunately when the job was done there was allot of correction work and cleaning up that needed to be done on the interior due to paint dust and paint itself getting all over the interior surfaces. Total time worked 41.75 hours.

Interior: 6 hours
Engine: .5 hour
Correction Stage 1 Compounding: 25.5 hours
Correction Stage 2 Polishing: 4.75 hours
Correction Stage 3 Finishing & Delivery: 5 hours

Tools and Materials used:

Makita 9227C
CG Evolve4R 5" backing plate
Uber 3" Rotary & DA backing plate
Porter Cable XP
5" LC backing plate
Karcher K 5.85M
PWM Foam Cannon
Craftsman 1000 Watt Halogen tripod
Bissell Big Green Machine with various attachments
3M Superbuff III 2 Plus 2 wool pad
Uber 5" pads -- Yellow, Green, Blue
Uber 4" pads -- Yellow, Green
2 rolls of 3M auto masking tape
Kwazar Mercury Pro
Swissvax Detail Brush
Woolshop Wool Duster
CG Static Detail Brush
Meguiars M105
Mothers Professional #81132 & M105 mixed 1:1
Menzerna 203S
Menzerna PO85RD
70% IPA/Dawn at 90/10
Blackfire Wet Diamond
DI yellow foam applicator
CG Maxisuds II soap
Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner via TMB with GG
Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Soap via TBM with GG
Optimum Instant Detailer
Zep Citrus at 10:1
303 Aerospace Protectant
Mothers Clay
Mothers Showtime Detailer
Mothers Wheel & Tire cleaner
DI All Purpose Microfibers
Mothers Plush double sided Microfibers
Mothers VLR
Mothers Glass cleaner
#0000 Steel wool
Mothers Billet polish
Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish
Mothers Wheel Brush
MothersWheel Well Brush
Wheel Barrel Brush
2 cans of Compressed Air

Interior Befores:

Interior Afters:

before

after

Reactions: Gerbig

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exterior:

Befores:

Afters:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Wow...Danny you worked magic on that car...

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Nice job Danny! You did an amazing job. And Matthew, beautiful car man!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
25hrs for correction? did you take a hour break between each panel
I think the reason is because he was going for total perfection, and the car had just come back from the dealership. It probally was swirled and hologramed to hell and back.

From what I hear, the 2010+ has a lout of curves and body lines, which makes it hard to polish. I am sure that this, plus the desired outcome, resulted in a very long polishing process.

Looks really good Danny. I wish I had a 2011 5.0 so bad Lol.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
25hrs for correction? did you take a hour break between each panel
No breaks man, only to eat lunch and dinner, the clear on coat on the 2011 Mustangs are a nano ceramic clear coat and is extremely hard. So removing the defects took a very long time. And as Justin said it was in very bad condition there were wet sanding marks still on the panels that were repaired all those had to be removed. I had to actually go out and buy a 3M Suberbuff III wool pad 3/4 of the way on compounding to get the job done. Not only that I live in El Paso where it is really dry and hot it was in the 90's with no humidity last week. Pair that with a Yellow Uber pad and M105 via rotary and it makes the polish flash and dry very quickly so you get bad buffer hop. I had to take my humidifier out to get some humidity in there to lessen the buffer hop. I even had to Mix up M105 and Mothers Pro #81132 1:1 to get longer work times for M105 and to lessen buffer hopping. The combo actually worked great and finished down very nicely, but the cut of M105 was affected since #81132 is not as strong of s cut as M105. In certain areas M105 was solely used and I had to work at slow RPM's with moderate pressure with the Makita, so breaking down the compound would take a little longer thank usual.

I called you a prick for murdering my old SN again! ;)
Oh ok sorry man Its because I have been used to calling you by that name. By the way what is your real name not your screen name man

I think the reason is because he was going for total perfection, and the car had just come back from the dealership. It probally was swirled and hologramed to hell and back.

From what I hear, the 2010+ has a lout of curves and body lines, which makes it hard to polish. I am sure that this, plus the desired outcome, resulted in a very long polishing process.

Looks really good Danny. I wish I had a 2011 5.0 so bad Lol.
Thanks Justin glad you like the way it came out It did take me quite a while to get the job done. I had to use a 3M wool pad, and uber pads both in the 5.5" and 4".

Also thanks for all the replies guy I am gad you liked it, Chris I am wondering will this be able to be added to the detail stickies?

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
It better be. This is probably the best detail thread I've seen on here.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It better be. This is probably the best detail thread I've seen on here.
Thanks man and I hope it makes it to the stickies, I am glad you liked it :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts