Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Since I bought the car I've had an issue with the clutch sticking at high rpms when driving the car hard at the track or on the street. Well a guy posted in another forum some instructions for fixing the issue and tried it out and it worked! So here is a video tutorial for everyone since I know a lot of people have this issue! Let me know if you have any questions!!

Here's a video where the guys at lethal talk about the spring and what it does and how it causes the issue.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
May have to try this out. Looks easy enough.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've read about that before. Gonna have to try it out when I take the car back out in the spring. Thanks for taking the time to put the video together man. You explained it very clearly.
I have the JHR clutch line waiting to go in, so between the two it should help a lot if not fix this issue. I'm hoping anyway.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read about that before. Gonna have to try it out when I take the car back out in the spring. Thanks for taking the time to put the video together man. You explained it very clearly.
I have the JHR clutch line waiting to go in, so between the two it should help a lot if not fix this issue. I'm hoping anyway.
Yeah combined you should have no issues lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
I'll have to put this on my to-do list for spring

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to put this on my to-do list for spring
Yeah it literally only takes about 15 minutes taking your time and is definitely worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Ford Master Tech
703 Posts
I dont think this will fix all of the problems. I only experience clutch pedal sticking at high RPM's when I hot lap or have been driving it for awhile. Its due to boiling the clutch fluid. Switching to motul 600 or the tilton tsr dot 4 fluid and a SS braided clutch line like JHR will fix it.

Ive seen this helper spring mod before and looked at mine and really dont see how it is sucking the pedal to the floor.

-Thomas

·
Registered
603 Posts
Ive seen this helper spring mod before and looked at mine and really dont see how it is sucking the pedal to the floor.

-Thomas
Like this.

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
****, I have never had this problem. Guess my 2nd MT-82 is about to take a ****..... agian. :lol

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
My cars first tranny wen't bad. The synchros were mashed, also the clutch pressure plate fryed the clutch. I got a new transmission and clutch. Now my gears are doing the same thing. Grinding, hard to shift and the clutch slips and dosn't catch alot.

I'm on the fence do I wan't ford to fix it agian and up grade to an exedy stage 3. Or a t-56

·
Banned
182 Posts
I dont think this will fix all of the problems. I only experience clutch pedal sticking at high RPM's when I hot lap or have been driving it for awhile. Its due to boiling the clutch fluid. Switching to motul 600 or the tilton tsr dot 4 fluid and a SS braided clutch line like JHR will fix it.

-Thomas
You are correct. The helper spring is not the issue but simply a band aid for the underlying problem.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts