Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any info on the new motors? are they going back to push rods, or is it a stroked modular? I keep seeing 5L/400HP, but no real info on the motor itself.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
it wont be a pushrod, it'll be a dohc design from what i've heard

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Everything I've heard is that the 5.0 is an all-new design all-aluminum DOHC that shares nothing with previous mod-motors (including the 5.0 cammer used in the FR500 race cars), and the V6 is a tuned version of the 3.7L all aluminum DOHC that's currently used in some Lincolns.

I don't see Ford *ever* making another pushrod gas motor. OHC allows them to make the same hp with less displacement (although at the cost of low-end torque). This allows them to push the hp that people want while still giving the fuel economy that the CAFE standards require.

·
Registered
38 Posts
is this the "coyote" engine thats been available in australia for the past few years?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
actually i dont know if you guys know this but the 5.0L engine that ford is coming out with isnt actually dohc. its sohc but it still has 4 valves. unless im wrong....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
i still think its sohc with 32 valves and that those articles are speculation...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I posted two of them, cause one was orginaly out here, and the other one was posted in the 04' forums where I usually go. Just wanted to see if I would get new people commenting that I don't usually see.

Different feed back, that's all

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I posted two of them, cause one was orginaly out here, and the other one was posted in the 04' forums where I usually go. Just wanted to see if I would get new people commenting that I don't usually see.

Different feed back, that's all
Yeah, don't do that.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
does anyone have any info on the new motors? are they going back to push rods, or is it a stroked modular? I keep seeing 5L/400HP, but no real info on the motor itself.
Everything I've read says 5.0 but don't knwo if it's OHV or OHC, I can't imagine it woudl be anything but OHC... I'd like to see DOHC 32V stock

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
ford isnt going back to ohv. it will be ohc for sure

·
Registered
6 Posts
has ford even released info on the exact specs or is all this info coming from insiders to confuse the stang fans every forum i go it seems as if some one has to ask this same question.. i dont mind what ford does because i know it will be something good and highly doubt the ecoboost will replace the v8 in gt standard all i just want to see after the 5 years of the sn10 what the new structure of the body will look like *FINGERS CROSSED* I hope and prey to god they retro the fox3 or maybe even the fox2 or 1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts