Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I am going to be purchasing a 2012 V6 Coupe, and I have two questions.

First, what color do you think is the best? I like the red candy, the black, and the ingot silver, but I am open to suggestions as far as the most attractive color goes. Red candy is probably my first choice, but with the pigment issue in Japan, I believe I am currently unable to purchase the V6 in that color.

Second, when are the 2012s going to be shipped out? If I purchase in early May, will I be able to pick up the car within the 6-10 weeks it takes to manufacture? Or will I have to wait until September, for example?

Thanks in advance!

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Don't get black unless you truly understand the amount of work goes into keeping them clean. I vote Grabber blue or white, not a real big fan of red myself, but they do look nice on our Stangs.

I'm assuming you're ordering one through your dealer, if you order in May I would guess you would probably see sometime in late July to mid August. That is just an estimate of course...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
^^ haha coming from the guy with red on his car :p

and grabber blue is by far the most attracting...you can see coming down the road miles away! lol but idk, to me, it's TOO much attention, esp with cops! they like to pick on muscle cars in my area!

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Go to a dealers lot and see the car colors for yourself. As that's all personal preference. Don't take anyones word for it. 2012s are already being built and shipped. My dealership has a variety of 2011's and 2012's now.

Are you going to order your mustang?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hadn't thought about the cleaning a black mustang would require. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Grabber blue seems like it would attract too much attention. Plus, light blue doesn't seem like my style.

Yeah, I plan to order it opposed to pick one up in the local area. It seems there is a relatively small selection within my range.

Has anyone seen the lava red in person? It seems like it might be nice, but is it more purplish? Also, how about the yellow blaze?

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I vote for GRABBER BLUE! I may be a little biased though. Plus pics dont do the color justice, you have to see it in person to truely appreciate the color.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I wouldn't count on it. Most dealerships like to keep a quota of x in stock at any given time. They won't out of the blue grab a bunch of cars just because.

With that said, are there any other dealerships within driving distance that you can go look at?

I think the Lava red looks really cool and its the newest color to the Pony line...It was meant to replace Sterling Gray and I like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are some minor dealers around, but the one I use has two Shelby's and two GT's as its current stock. I could certainly search around, though.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Its just something to think about, as you'll be spending quite a chunk of money.

My dealership only carried V6's -- no GTs. However they had a dub edition 6, and a Shelby GT500. There was no 'inbetween', they just used those 2 as show cars. Pictures can only do so much justice to a car's actual color...

Best of luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right. I would certainly not want to purchase a car and be unhappy with the color choice. Thank you for your input.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
lava red looks nice. id have to see it in person though

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Blue or Black?

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
yea, rims really do make a difference..... maybe after deployment......

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
No offense, but man I can't stand the ass of these cars!
None taken, but I just think you're crazy. They are one of my favorite rear designs. It adds an 'exotic' appearance to the car.... :p

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
agreed.the rear grows on you...its looks tight and smaller....i like it

just like my women...tight :)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I like my ass.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
I like the front more though.... so I always back into my parking spaces so i get to look at that instead....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts