Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a very annoying problem with my 2013 GT that I first noticed after I had a mechanic change my plugs, 2 coil packs, install my BBK 85 mm throttle body, a pedal commander, and an innovate AFR gauge.
So on a cold start or if the car has been sitting for a couple hours or more I’ll get a loud tick that from the inside of the car sounded like it was coming from the new gauge (it’s had plenty of its own problems). I also have Kooks headers, mid pipe, borla over axle pipes going to flow master mufflers with a tune. Already had a CAI, and Boss 302 manifold.
So after I realized that it’s not coming from the gauge (maybe wishful thinking) I started listening to the engine from above and it sounds like it is coming from the back half of the engine closer to the firewall. Finally today I gave a listen under the drivers wheel hub and there it was it’s most noticable. It’s loudest in the first 30 seconds I crank the engine and then subsides, if I give it a little gas or take off when it’s still cold I can still hear it for about another 1-1:30 minutes. Then it for the most part sounds as it always has. In that first 2 1/2 minutes if I give it some gas it gets louder but doesn’t necessarily go with the RPM’s. The sound is a quick sounding tick tick tick tick tick. My immediate thought was exhaust leak from somewhere and it currently sits at the exhaust shop that installed my exhaust. He can’t get to it til day after tomorrow but I wanted to get some thoughts on what the problem might be as I am extremely OCD and always go to worst case scenario. Oil level is fine, full synthetic 5w-20 and hasn’t lost a drop in the last 4 months since oil change and still looks fairly clean when I check it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts