Modded Mustang Forums banner

2015 Coyote swap with Whipple

8K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  FOUSH 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm doing a 2015 aluminator coyote swap into my 01 Mustang. I'm looking at installing the new 2.9l front feed Whipple but I can't find any info on anyone who's done this, or what accessory bracket kit will work. PBTH has a kit but they say it doesn't work with a Whipple. Anyone have any info that may help? Anyone done this?

Thanks
Anna

#2 ·
this will definitely be a bad ass setup especially in a convertible. The best thing to do if you cant get any INFO is start putting things together and just modify it or find the parts you need as you run into issues.

#4 ·
I have a 2.9 rear feed installed. I wasn't certain if the front feed would clear intake elbow wise. The issue is going to be with your tensioners. If you go without ac and mount the ps pump in that location then you should be ok. I wanted to keep AC, so the only option with that is manual steering, there isn't really any place you can mount a ps pump unless you make a custom bracket. I heard rumors that someone is working on that for coyote swaps, but I don't remember the details there.

#5 ·
I want to keep AC and power steering. I went ahead and ordered the front feed Whipple, I guess a custom bracket will have to be made. If you remember where you heard this rumor about a bracket possibly in the works please let me know!!

#6 ·
Thats going to be a sweet setup man..

#8 ·
It's been a slow process but the car is now ready for the swap. I'm still looking for a system that will work with the front feed whipple. Vintage air, turnkeysupply and top street performance all offer coyote swap front accessory brackets just need to figure out if it will work.

#23 ·
Well no one makes a Bracket that works and I want to keep my AC and power steering so! Custom made billet bracketry underway.. 3D imaging..
Nice!

What in the world is this costing you

#25 ·
What kind of oil pump gears are you running? I know the stock coyote gears are very weak I've seen one to many shatter locally.

#27 ·
It's been a while since I've updated this post.. things are coming along slowly. The alternator bracket was test fitted with the alternator installed and some adjustments have to be made. Fuel lines plumbed, computer installed In the fender, some trimming to the tabs to make sure contact is not made to the fender, horn relocated, power steering reservoir relocated... will need to hand bend some lines.. modify stock harness, im using the factory gauges.... the list is still long. Here are some pics

Power steering reservoir and horns

#30 ·
This is looking really, really nice.

Is this a 2015+ engine and harness and if so, is your stock tach working with the new harness spliced into the old one? I'm seeing other people on the forums having trouble with the 2015+ harnesses and the stock tachometer either not working or working intermittently. I'm not up to that part yet, should have the engine in the car soon, but I decided to do some home improvement projects simultaneously and they're eating into my free time.

#33 ·
2015 aluminator with ecu and harness. Still a work in progress.. the goal is to use the factory Gauges. AED is doing the swap so they will be splicing into the stock harness to get the factory gauges to work.

Frkn Photobucket pics don't work anymore.

#37 · (Edited)
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=562130114127540&id=108053219535234

I picked the car up today, I drove 127 miles home. This thing is so tame it’s unreal. My 700hp 2v was a wild animal and honestly I was expecting the same. As I started driving I was able to relax as this thing was so easy to drive.

Drew and Shaun at AED did a fantastic job, everything looks factory everything fits perfectly.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

THe custom alternator bracket

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.