Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Anna
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm doing a 2015 aluminator coyote swap into my 01 Mustang. I'm looking at installing the new 2.9l front feed Whipple but I can't find any info on anyone who's done this, or what accessory bracket kit will work. PBTH has a kit but they say it doesn't work with a Whipple. Anyone have any info that may help? Anyone done this?

Thanks
Anna

·
13,575 Posts
this will definitely be a bad ass setup especially in a convertible. The best thing to do if you cant get any INFO is start putting things together and just modify it or find the parts you need as you run into issues.

·
Anna
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this will definitely be a bad ass setup especially in a convertible. The best thing to do if you cant get any INFO is start putting things together and just modify it or find the parts you need as you run into issues.
Ya think that's what it's going to come down to. Figure it out as we go.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2.9 rear feed installed. I wasn't certain if the front feed would clear intake elbow wise. The issue is going to be with your tensioners. If you go without ac and mount the ps pump in that location then you should be ok. I wanted to keep AC, so the only option with that is manual steering, there isn't really any place you can mount a ps pump unless you make a custom bracket. I heard rumors that someone is working on that for coyote swaps, but I don't remember the details there.

·
Anna
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2.9 rear feed installed. I wasn't certain if the front feed would clear intake elbow wise. The issue is going to be with your tensioners. If you go without ac and mount the ps pump in that location then you should be ok. I wanted to keep AC, so the only option with that is manual steering, there isn't really any place you can mount a ps pump unless you make a custom bracket. I heard rumors that someone is working on that for coyote swaps, but I don't remember the details there.
I want to keep AC and power steering. I went ahead and ordered the front feed Whipple, I guess a custom bracket will have to be made. If you remember where you heard this rumor about a bracket possibly in the works please let me know!!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Thats going to be a sweet setup man..

·
Anna
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been a slow process but the car is now ready for the swap. I'm still looking for a system that will work with the front feed whipple. Vintage air, turnkeysupply and top street performance all offer coyote swap front accessory brackets just need to figure out if it will work.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
great work. I have a friend that put that same engine in a 240sx. Badass

1 - 20 of 44 Posts